Author Topic: FIELDING THE RADIOS OF THE FUTURE WITH MARCORSYSCOM  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FIELDING THE RADIOS OF THE FUTURE WITH MARCORSYSCOM
« on: December 24, 2022, 01:54:49 pm »

FIELDING THE RADIOS OF THE FUTURE WITH MARCORSYSCOM
22 DEC 2022 | Johannes SchmidtMarine Corps Systems Command

QUANTICO, Va. --
As recent developments in distant battlefields have shown, successful military operations rely on resilient communication architectures capable of closing kill chains in austere environments.

In order to maintain fleet lethality, Marine Corps Systems Command is working on fielding a state-of-the-art multichannel handheld radio system that mitigates against peer adversary threats and enables Marines to quickly add new waveforms and enhanced capabilities to address evolving requirements.

“The Multichannel radio family of systems will provide the [Fleet Marine Force] with an enhanced capability that increases resiliency and survivability through network interoperability during missions involving both ground and vehicular-based forces,” said Richard Sessions, program manager for communications systems at MARCORSYSCOM. “These new radios will provide the fleet with many new options in configuring communications and network pathways while leveraging newer, more secure waveforms.”

Ultimately, this effort will help further the Department of Defense’s 2022 National Defense Strategy, which calls for preserving command, control, and communications in a fast-paced battlefield. Furthermore, it falls in line with the Department’s Joint All-Domain Command and Control Implementation Plan – or JADC2—a “warfighting necessity to keep pace with the volume and complexity of data in modern warfare and to defeat adversaries decisively.”

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/3253971/fielding-the-radios-of-the-future-with-marcorsyscom/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson