Author Topic: Judge Rules Arizona Republican AG Candidate’s Lawsuit Can Move Forward  (Read 729 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Conservative Brief by Jon Dougherty December 23, 2022

The GOP candidate for attorney general in Arizona has been handed a major court victory this week after a state judge ruled an election-related lawsuit he filed earlier this month can proceed. After losing to Democratic candidate Kris Mayes by just 511 votes, Abe Hamadeh will get his day in court, according to documents seen by Democracy Docket.

Mohave County Superior Court Judge Lee Jantzen did, however, dismiss one of five counts presented by Hamadeh’s legal team, allowing the other four counts to proceed to trial. The court documents revealed that the one count Jantzen dismissed was in regard to allegations the Republican AG candidate made regarding unverified early ballots and allegedly illegal votes.

“With regard to Count V, this allegation of illegal votes is based on the early voting provision and the procedures to verify ballots that are contained in the Elections Procedure Manual (hereinafter ‘EPM’),” the court document noted. “There is not an allegation of election workers improperly not complying with the EPM.

“The procedure in the EPM being challenged has been in place since 2019 and should not be the subject of a post-election challenge. The Court finds the doctrine of laches applies to Count V as the procedures in the EPM should have been challenged prior to the election. This count must be dismissed,” Jantzen wrote.

The four remaining counts will be heard in an evidentiary hearing on Friday, the documents — cited by the Western Journal — note further.

More: https://conservativebrief.com/judge-az-69375/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Judge Rules Arizona Republican AG Candidate’s Lawsuit Can Move Forward
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 04:46:36 am »
“The procedure in the EPM being challenged has been in place since 2019 and should not be the subject of a post-election challenge. The Court finds the doctrine of laches applies to Count V as the procedures in the EPM should have been challenged prior to the election. This count must be dismissed,” Jantzen wrote.

IOW, because they got away with it in 2020, you are stuck with it now.

Silly games. You can't challenge before (no standing) You can't challenge after (because it has been used). This is bullshit.Wrong is wrong, no matter when it is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 03:37:08 pm »
At this point....any progress is good progress in my book.

We need the facts to come out.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 01:51:03 pm »
O.K.

It's the holidays and I am not reading a great deal. 

It seems we are not going to get access to the facts. 

Lake, in my estimation, had a legitimate complaint in that the election was bungled.  It created to many questions for me. 

Did she approach it right by, essentially, saying the election was stolen (on purpose). 

Should she have just said.....don't know if there were criminal intentions....but the election isn't valid.  We are looking for an opportunity to further investigate (and postpone certification) ?

Seems like the judge was able to use her wording against her.