Author Topic: The Top 10 Most Beloved Holiday Movies Ranked in Order, and Ready to Watch This Season  (Read 1443 times)

Offline libertybele

The Top 10 Most Beloved Holiday Movies Ranked in Order, and Ready to Watch This Season

Nothing says ‘Happy Holidays’ like a healthy dose of nostalgia—and what better way to feel the spirit of the season than watching a holiday classic.

A new poll of 2,000 Americans who celebrate the festive season found it was the top tradition—with 72% choosing the tradition of watching Christmas movies, beating out decorating the tree (66%) and baking cookies (55%).

TOP 10 HOLIDAY MOVIES

-It’s a Wonderful Life – 43%
-A Charlie Brown Christmas – 42%
-Home Alone – 42%
-How the Grinch Stole Christmas – 35%
-The Polar Express – 32%
-A Christmas Story – 31%
-White Christmas – 30%
-National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – 29%
-The Santa Clause – 27%
-Elf – 27%

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/top-holiday-movies-ranked-and-ready-to-watch/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

One of my favorites not listed is "Miracle on 34th Street", but I love the movie "The Santa Clause".

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Will be watchin' Charlie Brown later tonight.
Easy to find a 1080p copy, if you know where to look...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
YMMV, mine sure did looking at this list.

No March of the Wooden soldiers? Okay a bit dated with the operatic singing, but the battle at the end with Laurel and Hardy leading the way is the best!

In no particular order

Miracle on 34th St - the original

The Bishops Wife

The Lemon Drop Kid

We're No Angels

And a brand new soon to be classic and beloved Christmas movie - Violent Night. Yeah I'm warped.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street -1947 Maureen O'Hara, Natalie Wood
A Christmas Carol - 1938 Reginald Owen
Home Alone

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 05:31:07 am by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What, no Die Hard? Trading Places? Lethal Weapon? Scrooged? :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What, no Die Hard? Trading Places? Lethal Weapon? Scrooged? :smokin:
You're right, what the hell is wrong with me, those should have been on my list.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Polar Express... I remember I disliked it so much I couldn't finish it.

Bookmark, may make my own list and throw it out there.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What, no Die Hard?  :smokin:

Amen!

It's not Christmas till I see Hans Gruber fall off the Nakatomi Tower.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 12:39:28 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

Tonight:
"Night of the Meek" -- the wonderful Twilight Zone episode with Art Carney as a tipsy down-and-out department store Santa who gets his wish.

Not on YouTube, unfortunately.
But you can watch it here:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8gll7c

Offline libertybele

I was never a fan of "The Grinch".

I like all the kid's classics; "Frosty the Snowman", "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and I always get a kick out of "Chevy's Chase's Christmas Vacation".
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:19:14 pm by libertybele »

Offline berdie

Tonight:
"Night of the Meek" -- the wonderful Twilight Zone episode with Art Carney as a tipsy down-and-out department store Santa who gets his wish.

Not on YouTube, unfortunately.
But you can watch it here:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8gll7c

That's a good one. There is also an Andy Griffith episode with the grouchy old man, a Branded episode with the orphans that repair his sword and an episode of Gunsmoke with a grouchy woman who is in charge of an orphanage that I love. There is an episode of M.A.S.H when Winchester learns the true meaning of Christmas.

Not mentioned on the movie list Prancer and, although it always leaves me in tears All Mine To Give

Offline Fishrrman

Not a movie, but one of my favorites for this eve...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JwXfdz2C7Q

Offline mountaineer

Speaking of Der Bingle, I really enjoyed this essay:
Four Perspectives on Bing Crosby
We hear him sing "White Christmas" every December, but the most inspiring stories about Bing are hidden from view
Ted Gioia
Dec 23, 2022

Pop culture devours its own. The destiny of all bestsellers is to fall off the charts. Even the stars in Hollywood, like those in outer space, eventually stop shining—and it happens a lot sooner.

Consider the case of Bing Crosby. Some of my readers might not even recognize the name. But a few people still alive today can recall when Crosby was both the biggest pop singer in the world and the hottest movie star in Hollywood.

If he’s remembered nowadays, it’s only during December, when his version of “White Christmas” briefly returns to heavy rotation. Even today, it ranks as the bestselling single of all time. ...

But today I want share four of my favorite (and very different) perspectives on Bing. ...
https://tedgioia.substack.com/p/four-perspectives-on-bing-crosby

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Maybe we are old, that was our era as kids but for us it isn't the season yet, until Rudolph is televised.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.