Author Topic: Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA  (Read 525 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA
« on: December 20, 2022, 12:46:25 am »
Epoch Times by Zachary Stieber 12/17/2022

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine has been linked to blood clotting in older individuals, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

FDA researchers, crunching data from a database of elderly persons in the United States, found that pulmonary embolism—blood clotting in the lungs—met the initial threshold for a statistical signal and continued meeting the criteria after a more in-depth evaluation.

Three other outcomes of interest—a lack of oxygen to the heart, a blood platelet disorder called immune thrombocytopenia, and another type of clotting called intravascular coagulation—initially raised red flags, researchers said. More in-depth evaluations, such as comparisons with populations who received influenza vaccines, showed those three as no longer meeting the statistical threshold for a signal.

Researchers looked at data covering 17.4 million elderly Americans who received a total of 34.6 million vaccine doses between Dec. 10, 2020, and Jan. 16, 2022.

The study was published by the journal Vaccine on Dec. 1.

The FDA said it was not taking any action on the results because they do not prove the vaccines cause any of the four outcomes, and because the findings “are still under investigation and require more robust study.”

Dr. Peter McCullough, chief medical adviser for the Truth for Health Foundation, told The Epoch Times via email that the new paper “corroborates the concerns of doctors that the large uptick in blood clots, progression of atherosclerotic heart disease, and blood disorders is independently associated with COVID-19 vaccination.”

Pfizer did not respond to a request for comment.

More: https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theepochtimes.com%2Fmkt_app%2Fhealth%2Fpfizers-covid-19-vaccine-linked-to-blood-clotting-fda_4930377.html

Offline mountaineer

Re: Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:48:19 am »
So, not safe and effective?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 07:22:18 pm »
FDA researchers find Pfizer COVID vaccine linked to blood clots in people 65, older

The researchers also found an increased chance of people over 65 experiencing blood clots, platelet disorders and heart attacks after receiving the Pfizer vaccine.

By Madeleine Hubbard
Updated: December 19, 2022 - 1:03pm

Food and Drug Administration researchers have found that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is linked to higher instances of adverse effects in people ages 65 and older, but still says the benefits of getting shot "outweigh" the potential risks of being infected by the virus.

Using data up to Jan. 15, 2022, the study of more than 25 million people published by Science Direct earlier this month found that 0.06% of people over the age of 65 who receive the Pfizer COVID vaccine develop a pulmonary embolism, or a clot, typically of blood, in the lungs.

The researchers also noted an increased chance of people over 65 experiencing blood clots, platelet disorders and heart attacks after receiving the Pfizer vaccine.

The FDA "strongly believes the potential benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the potential risks of COVID-19 infection," the researchers wrote. "Per FDA communication of these findings, FDA is currently not taking any regulatory actions based on these signal detection activities because these signals are still under investigation and require more robust study."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/fda-researchers-find-pfizer-covid-vaccine-linked-blood-clots-ages-65
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 07:24:20 pm »
I was at VA two days ago and the Dr. asked if I wanted a booster to which I wisely (apparently) declined. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 07:30:19 pm »
The stories almost write themselves.
TELLING SIGNS: Blood clot symptom warning signs to watch out for after Today’s Al Roker hospitalized with shock diagnosis
    Rachel Dobkin
    Published: 16:56 ET, Nov 22 2022Updated: 18:26 ET, Nov 22 2022

THE warning symptoms to look out for that may show you are suffering from a blood clot have been revealed after Today's Al Roker  was hospitalized for having a clot in his leg.

Roker, the Today show weatherman, was admitted to the hospital last week for a blood clot in his leg which broke off into some more clots that reached his lungs.  ...
The Sun (U.K.)

Published November 18, 2022 12:56pm EST
'Today' show's Al Roker reveals he was hospitalized for blood clots
Roker has previously been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Will Mendelson

Al Roker opened up about being hospitalized for blood clots on Friday.

The "Today" show weather anchor took to his Instagram to share with his fans the reason behind his two-week absence from the show.

"So many of you have been thoughtfully asking where I’ve been," he captioned a photo of a bouquet of flowers. "Last week I was admitted to the hospital with a blood clot in my leg which sent some clots into my lungs. After some medical whack-a-mole, I am so fortunate to be getting terrific medical care and on the way to recovery." ...

The 68-year-old was last absent from the show in late September, after he tested positive for COVID-19. ...
FOX News

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 07:40:10 pm »
The stories almost write themselves. The Sun (U.K.)
FOX News

Maybe I missed it, but the articles didn't state whether or not he had received the vaccines.  So is it COVID itself that caused the blot clot or was the blot clot from the vaccine??

Either way, there's just not enough data IMHO to warrant getting the vaccine.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 07:44:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 07:56:50 pm »
 NBC required its employees to get the vaccine: Story from Jan. 25, 2022