Author Topic: Environmental Groups Deal Another Blow To Key Alaska Mine, Undermining Biden’s Green Energy Dreams  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmental Groups Deal Another Blow To Key Alaska Mine, Undermining Biden’s Green Energy Dreams

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

JACK MCEVOY
ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT REPORTER
December 22, 2022
6:30 PM ET

Two environmental groups spent $20 million to make lands and waters close to Southern Alaska’s Bristol Bay off-limits to economic development, a move that will hinder the construction of a mine that produces minerals that are needed to expand renewable energy production.

Pebble Mine sits on top of 80.6 billion pounds of copper and 5.6 billion pounds of molybdenum, highly conductive metals which are crucial to producing solar panels, wind turbines and geothermal energy facilities.

“The Pebble Mine is the wrong mine in the wrong place – up high in the watershed that supports the greatest wild salmon stronghold in the world,” Conservation Fund President Larry Seltzer said in a statement provided to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/22/environmental-groups-pebble-mine-alaska/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There will never be a Green Economy. They're just trying to sucker us into giving up coal, nuclear, and natural gas, and then will lock everything down from being developed to replace it.

The so-called Green Economy is smoke for the Great Reset, which in itself is code for A Whole Lot Less People Who Are Not Wealthy Elite.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

I love watching duelning environment interests battle each other.

I am on the side of the fishery.

Why should Bristol Bay be harmed so rich Californians and Mass-holes can feel smug about their efforts to make the world a better place for themselves?

A healthy fishery offers many measurable economic and environmental benefits to many people.

Wind turbines and solar panels do not offer measurable net-positive economic and environmental benefits to anybody.

Fishes = Good
Limousine Liberal NIMBY Global Climate Change Fraudsters = Bad
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.