Author Topic: House to vote on funding bill Friday  (Read 263 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House to vote on funding bill Friday
« on: December 22, 2022, 11:44:31 pm »
 House to vote on funding bill Friday
by Mychael Schnell - 12/22/22 5:28 PM ET

The House will vote on a $1.7 trillion government funding package Friday, one day after the Senate approved the measure and just hours before the midnight shutdown deadline.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) announced the vote on the House floor Thursday afternoon, shortly after the Senate approved the omnibus bill. He said a vote in the House was kicked to Friday because the meticulous process for preparing the bill — which spans 4,155 pages — to move from the Senate to the House would take hours

“I have been over in the Senate talking to those who will prepare the bill to be sent to this chamber. Unfortunately, the process takes a long time to do, and it will not be to us for a significant period of time. Meaning it will not be to us before midnight tonight,” Hoyer said. 

“As a result, I will announce to members that we will have no — I believe recorded votes, until at the earliest 9 a.m. tomorrow. And members have to be available at 9 a.m. and thereafter,” he added.

The majority leader said the House will proceed “as soon as we get the documents to process.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3785841-house-to-vote-on-funding-bill-friday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: House to vote on funding bill Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 02:37:53 am »
Next weak the RINO REpublicans will tell us they were lied to by democrats, so they are innocent to the damage they did, don't hold it against them.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Hoodat

Re: House to vote on funding bill Friday
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 04:01:16 am »
The House is voting on a funding bill that originated in the Senate, in violation of the US Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-