Author Topic: Florida Politics’ Politician of the Year: Casey DeSantis  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Florida Politics’ Politician of the Year: Casey DeSantis
« on: December 22, 2022, 06:43:37 pm »
The First Lady deserves credit for the Governor's ascent to Republican superstardom.
The DeSantis name and brand reverberate far beyond the Governor’s Mansion in Tallahassee.

What once was whispered about a presidential run in 2024 now is openly discussed from the east coast to the Pacific Ocean, much to the dismay of another Florida resident who has convinced a not-insignificant number of gullible voters that he lost the 2020 election because of chicanery.

But while DeSantis tiptoes softly through that minefield, Republicans see a skilled politician who may be the party’s best chance to return to the White House two years hence. That politician receives appropriate praise for the right blend of instinct about what will best sell to the GOP base and beyond.

That politician has become a phenomenon.

We refer, of course, to Casey DeSantis — the Florida Politics Politician of the Year for 2022.

Wait! What?? Don’t you mean Gov. Ron DeSantis?

Nope. He’s OK, too, at what he does — if you’re into that sort of thing.

However, there is a growing sense that without his wife Casey by his side, Ron DeSantis would just be Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott or Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley. Just another MAGA Ivy Leaguer who senses Donald Trump’s blood is in the water.

Casey is the difference-maker, both publicly and privately.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/576581-florida-politics-politician-of-the-year-casey-desantis/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Re: Florida Politics’ Politician of the Year: Casey DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 06:50:04 pm »
A round of applause for Florida's First Lady.  :patriot:

Though I'm not sure I entirely agree with the article.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:51:06 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 06:54:51 pm »
A round of applause for Florida's First Lady.  :patriot:

Though I'm not sure I entirely agree with the article.

Agreed.  But they make a good team.  The press hates the wholesomeness of an actual traditional family unit.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 09:40:54 pm »
Agreed.  But they make a good team.  The press hates the wholesomeness of an actual traditional family unit.

IF the DeSantis' make it to the WH I predict they will be looked upon in admiration just as JFK and Jackie; another Camelot.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 05:49:19 am »
IF the DeSantis' make it to the WH I predict they will be looked upon in admiration just as JFK and Jackie; another Camelot.
I was young at the time but seems to me that there was a large percentage of Republicans that admired JFK and Jackie along with the democrats, you cannot not make me believe that democrats would have any admiration for the DeSantis's any more than they did for Reagan.