Author Topic: Sam Bankman-Fried’s Cronies Plead Guilty to Federal Charges Related to FTX Collapse  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sam Bankman-Fried’s Cronies Plead Guilty to Federal Charges Related to FTX Collapse

Lucas Nolan22 Dec 20228
3:17

Gary Wang, co-founder of FTX, and Caroline Ellison, former co-CEO of Sam Bankman-Fried’s Alameda Research, have both pleaded guilty to federal offenses in the Southern District of New York, according to a statement released by U.S. Attorney Damian Williams this week.

CNBC reports that FTX co-founder Gary Wang and former Alameda Research co-CEO Caroline Ellison have both pleaded guilty to federal charges and are cooperating with prosecutors, according to U.S. Attorney Damian Williams. Both the bankrupt FTX and its associated hedge fund Alameda Research are the brainchild of Democrat super donor Sam Bankman-Fried.

Gary Wang has admitted to participating in a conspiracy to commit wire fraud, committing wire fraud, conspiring to commit commodities fraud, and conspiring to commit securities fraud. Caroline Ellison has pleaded guilty to two counts of wire fraud, two counts of conspiring to commit wire fraud, conspiring to commit commodities fraud, securities fraud, and money laundering.

Wang and Ellison both entered guilty pleas on federal charges on Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Damian Williams. These charges were announced on Monday, the same day that former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried was set to travel from the Bahamas to New York to face eight federal criminal charges from the same prosecutors but was delayed after a court hearing in the Bahamas was disrupted.

In a prerecorded message, Williams stated: “As I said last week, this investigation is very much ongoing. I also said that last’s week announcement would not be our last. And let me be clear, once again, neither is today’s.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/12/22/sam-bankman-frieds-cronies-plead-guilty-to-federal-charges-related-to-ftx-collapse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
All Democrats.  This belongs in the thread of Biden Returning America to Normalcy (Crooked Democrat Style).

Crooked Democrat is redundantly repetitive.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist