Author Topic: Delaware Supreme Court Strikes Down Same-Day Voter Registration, Vote By Mail  (Read 530 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Conservative Brief by Martin Walsh December 21, 2022

The highest court in the home state of President Joe Biden has delivered a crushing blow to Democrats.

The Delaware Supreme Court has struck down dame-day voter registration and voting by mail, two measures that were passed by the Democrat-dominated state legislature. The justices agreed that the statutes violated the Delaware Constitution.

“The Delaware Supreme Court has issued an opinion that universal mail-in voting and same-day registration violate the constitution. This past summer, the Delaware General Assembly passed a law allowing universal mail-in voting and same-day voter registration. The Public Interest Legal Foundation then filed a lawsuit against the law, alleging that it violated Delaware’s Constitution. In the opinion, the Court states that Article V, Section 4A of the Delaware Constitution only allows for absentee voting in certain enumerated circumstances. In addition, the Court writes that the state constitution establishes a deadline for voter registration,” local news outlet WMDT reported.

“The Democratic-controlled Delaware General Assembly hurriedly passed the voting-by-mail law this past June after failing to secure enough Republican support to amend the state constitution to enshrine the policy. Lawmakers previously approved a separate voting-by-mail law during the pandemic in 2020, invoking emergency powers that allowed the statute to escape the usual constitutional scrutiny. Republicans across the country, including then-President Donald Trump, were critical of mail-in voting measures enacted at the height of the pandemic and accused election officials of ignoring federal and state constitutions by allowing it,” the outlet added.

More: https://conservativebrief.com/mail-same-69307/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A step in the right direction for Delaware!  Hallelujah!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That's what lost us New Hampshire.

Offline Kamaji

Didn’t see this earlier.  Good for Delaware.  Too bad it won’t be replicated in any significant number of other states. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A BIG "ATTABOY!" shout out to Vermont!

OOPS! I meant Delaware.

My apologies. All those yankee states smell the same to me.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 04:41:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

This is amazing. Delaware has been such a Dem cesspool.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org