Author Topic: How the Decades-Long Chinese Espionage Campaign "Stole" US Military Technology  (Read 407 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How the Decades-Long Chinese Espionage Campaign "Stole" US Military Technology
Many US-driven technological advances may have been stolen by Chinese spies
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:DEC 9, 2022ORIGINAL:DEC 7, 2022
HOME
CHINA WATCH
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington D.C.) Paradigm-changing deep-penetrating warheads, new hardened, heat resistant nano-composite materials enabling hypersonic weapons flight, vertical take-off-and-landing drones and a new generation of submarine “quieting” technologies are all massively impactful breakthrough technology of vital significance to cutting-edge and future US weapons systems.

All of these areas of innovation and scientific exploration, some of which involved the discovery and development of “disruptive” or breakthrough technologies, were heavily focused upon in recent decades at the well known, prestigious US Los Alamos National Laboratory. However, to put things simply and clearly, many of the US-driven technological advances in these critical areas appear to have been stolen by Chinese spies.

Chinese Espionage
Technologically driven Chinese espionage at Los Alamos hit the news in a very public way earlier this year, following a private counterintelligence investigation. The discoveries shined additional light on the concerning and well-documented problems arising from Chinese cyber attacks, espionage and deliberate efforts to “steal” sensitive US military technology. Much of this was of course known and certainly became much more widely understood when Chinese operations at Los Alamos were exposed publicly. What is lesser known, yet perhaps of greatest significance, is that China’s infiltration and theft of sensitive US military technologies is a result of a deliberate, multi-decade elaborate campaign to develop, recruit and mature “talent” for the specific purpose of learning and “stealing” impactful technological discoveries under the guise of collaborative scientific exploration.

https://warriormaven.com/china/chinese-espionage-stole-us-military-technology
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
The Clintons put all our stuff on sale for the ChiComs back in the 1990s.  I remember seeing it happening back then and thinking that one day the U.S. will regret it.  So here we are...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

They didn't steal anything. It was sold to them for the public price of tuition and text books,plus airfare from China to the US.

Back when I was delivering mail I noticed  there were two Asian students sharing a nice home,and then I started noticing they were mailing heavy packages back to China,and I STRONGLY suspected they were technical manuals and similar items.

I got in touch with a postal inspector about his possible/probable example of Red Chinese industrial espionage, and he told me there wasn't enough probably cause to obtain a federal search warrant to see if anything technical and classified was being sent back to China.

Keep in mind that these two "students" were also officers in the "People's Liberation Army" ,and you don't have to be real shrewd to figure out what is going on.

This was happening during the Clinton Administration,and nobody seemed to give a damn about it.

Who knows how much of a "Great Leap Forward" our colleges and technical text books gave to China,and no one in a position to do anything about it gave a damn.

Once again we have a Dim president,and this time he is openly selling technical and classified info to the Chinese government,and once again,nobody in a position to do anything about it seems to give a damn.

Go figure.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 03:38:38 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Clintons put all our stuff on sale for the ChiComs back in the 1990s.  I remember seeing it happening back then and thinking that one day the U.S. will regret it.  So here we are...

@Timber Rattler

Read my post below. I was picking up VERY heavy packages stamped as books so it would get a special reduced postal rate,and they were always being sent to China by one or the other of a two Chinese students going to a college in an area saturated with US Military technicials and training schools.

Somehow or another,these two,and many,many others according to rumors I heard from others working as USPS Letter Carriers were sending very heavy packages marked as "books" home to China,and the US Postal Inspectors were not doing a damn thing about it.

Besides text books,I somehow think there were occasional shipments of stolen/copied USN documents and books,but the Postal Inspectors refused to open and search them.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
@sneakypete

Right!  I was at Virginia Tech at the time, which had a very close working RDT&E relationship with the U.S. Navy, and still does.  And I could not help but notice the hundreds of Chinese engineering students there, all with military haircuts and bearing, and very close knit.  They populated all the Engineering departments at Tech, and it was pretty clear that they were not planning on staying and working in the U.S. after they graduated, but returning to Red China and its military with all that knowledge and expertise they gained at our expense.  Virginia tech didn't care since the Chinese government was paying their way at out-of-state tuition rates.  I knew then and there we were being ripped off.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Right!  I was at Virginia Tech at the time, which had a very close working RDT&E relationship with the U.S. Navy, and still does.  And I could not help but notice the hundreds of Chinese engineering students there, all with military haircuts and bearing, and very close knit.  They populated all the Engineering departments at Tech, and it was pretty clear that they were not planning on staying and working in the U.S. after they graduated, but returning to Red China and its military with all that knowledge and expertise they gained at our expense.  Virginia tech didn't care since the Chinese government was paying their way at out-of-state tuition rates. I knew then and there we were being ripped off.

@Timber Rattler

The worse,and most frustrating part for me was KNOWING about it and not being able to do a damn thing about it,legally.

Frustrating as hell. Couldn't decide who I wanted to hurt the most,the USPS "investigator",or the freaking Chinese.

Well,that is actually a polite lie. I really wanted to off the postal inspector. After all the Chinese weren't committing treason and refusing to do their sworn duty.