Author Topic: Republicans Prepare to Betray Their Voters With Omnibus Monstrosity, and the Details Are Much Worse  (Read 598 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Prepare to Betray Their Voters With Omnibus Monstrosity, and the Details Are Much Worse Than Imagined
By Bonchie | 9:03 AM on December 20, 2022

Republicans in the US Senate are preparing to betray their voters again. Somehow, against all odds, the surrender caucus has managed to up its game, this time looking to hand Joe Biden his entire agenda for 2023 just days before the GOP officially takes control of the House.

Mitch McConnell and his cohorts are apparently so terrified of fighting back that they are willing to concede the power voters just gave their party. Democrats must be giddy at their luck, having an “opposition” that refuses to actually oppose them.

Now, the details of the coming gut punch have been released, and they are much worse than imagined. Don’t get me wrong, I knew this bill would be terrible, but this is next-level stuff.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1605175212730994689

Yes, you read that right. This spending bill is $1.7 trillion dollars and extends through next fall. Republicans were given the power of the purse for 2023 and they won’t even be able to use them because McConnell is so deadset on surrendering. It’s inexplicable, and no, fear of a government shutdown is not an excuse. What is the point of winning elections if that power is conceded before the changing of the guard even occurs?

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/12/20/republicans-prepare-to-betray-their-voters-with-omnibus-monstrosity-and-the-details-are-much-worse-than-imagined-n676175
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
With friends like Mitch, who needs enemies?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Only 10 GOP Senators opposed him. The other jackholes got what they wanted.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

The freakin' turdle in his presser called this a "GOP Win"

What planet does this puke live on?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Nothing is going to change from the fiscal  end until economics and math force it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

Remind me again: why do I keep voting for Republicans?

Because the Democrats are worse?

True, but the difference is becoming harder to see with each passing year.

The GOP never, ever manages to reverse anything the Democrats have done.

They don't win because they will not fight, and they will not fight because they value their positions of power and influence, not the ideas or policies that their voters prefer.

They only say what they have to in order to get elected.

And then they roll right over for the Democrats, because nearly none of them have the guts to deal with the serial abuse that they will get from the Democrat-controlled institutions and news media were they to actually try to oppose or promote something.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

On my way back from work I was listening to a radio show and it was talking about finances and they started talking about government debt. He claims there is a poll out were, unlike last year, Americans don’t believe that government spending, printing, and borrowing leads to inflation. I haven’t seen that poll but if it is true,  then we are screwed because if there’s no opposition to this out of control spending, then there will be no opposition to this out of control spending until it all comes crashing down

Both the Republicans and Democrats are equally complicit. There was a time at least Republicans gave lip service to fiscal sanity. That’s been gone for a long time.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
On my way back from work I was listening to a radio show and it was talking about finances and they started talking about government debt. He claims there is a poll out were, unlike last year, Americans don’t believe that government spending, printing, and borrowing leads to inflation. I haven’t seen that poll but if it is true,  then we are screwed because if there’s no opposition to this out of control spending, then there will be no opposition to this out of control spending until it all comes crashing down

Both the Republicans and Democrats are equally complicit. There was a time at least Republicans gave lip service to fiscal sanity. That’s been gone for a long time.

No legitimate government should be able to create money out of thin air and current insanity will not stop until they no longer can.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
No legitimate government should be able to create money out of thin air and current insanity will not stop until they no longer can.

And we're getting away with it because the rest of the world is putting their money into our currency and paper assets due to lack of trust in their own economies.

That's not going to last forever if the world goes into a solid recession and the money flow dries up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO observes:
"Nothing is going to change from the fiscal end until economics and math force it"

You clearly understand (many other posters here don't) that no one in any position of power in the DC government (Congress or otherwise) will ever stop this, so long as they can avoid doing so.

The current "funding system" of the DC government will continue until... until it can no longer "continue".

Then... and ONLY then... will something be done about it.
But no one here's gonna like what they "do" about it when that happens...