Author Topic: Rep. Boebert Unveils Bill To End Taxpayer Funded Abortions For Illegal Immigrants  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rep. Boebert Unveils Bill To End Taxpayer Funded Abortions For Illegal Immigrants
Rich Mitchell
December 16, 20220

https://dailycaller.com/
Republican Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert introduced a bill Thursday that seeks to end taxpayer funding of abortions for illegal immigrants, according to a copy of the bill first shared with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

If passed, the “No Taxpayer Funds for Illegal Alien Abortions Act” would bar Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Health and Human Services (HHS) employees or contractors from transporting illegal immigrant across state lines to get abortions, according to the bill. The Biden administration in November instructed federal officials caring for pregnant unaccompanied illegal immigrant girls to transport them to areas of the country where abortion is legal.

“The Biden administration is unlawfully using taxpayer money to transport pregnant, illegal alien children across state lines for late-term abortions. My colleagues and I have introduced bicameral legislation to end these illegal and horrific policies once and for all,” Boebert said in a statement to the DCNF.

Congress has included the Hyde Amendment in its appropriations since 1976 to prohibit taxpayer money from funding abortions unless “the life of the mother would be endangered if the fetus were carried to term or where the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest.”

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/12/rep-boebert-unveils-bill-to-end-taxpayer-funded-abortions-for-illegal-immigrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I thought taxpayer funded abortions were illegal to begin with!  Am I wrong?  Did democrats change that law? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson