Author Topic: Winter Storm Elliott? Blizzard? Bomb cyclone? What happened to calling it 'weather'?  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Winter Storm Elliott? Blizzard? Bomb cyclone? What happened to calling it 'weather'?
Opinion by Rex Huppke, USA TODAY • 3h ago

WILL CHRISTMAS BE CANCELED?!?

IS THIS GOING TO BE A HOLIDAY SNOWMAGEDDON?

IS THERE A REASON I’M TYPING IN ALL-CAPS AND APPEAR EXHILARATED ABOUT A MASSIVE WINTER STORM POISED TO WREAK HAVOC ON HOLIDAY TRAVELERS ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN PLAINS, THE UPPER MIDWEST AND THE GREAT LAKES REGION?

Well, yes, I guess there is a reason. We here at the Institute for Catchy Extreme-Weather Terminology (ICEWeT) are just over-the-moon excited about this storm. It’s like an early Christmas present for us and for the cable and nightly news weather forecasters we serve.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/winter-storm-elliott-blizzard-bomb-cyclone-what-happened-to-calling-it-weather/ar-AA15w8dQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2aa777449937404ba6ac5c37d1fc4ff9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
   What happened to calling it 'weather'?

Leftists cancelled it so people will confuse present weather and climate.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 12:18:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson