Author Topic: 60% of Federal Spending goes to Departments Not Authorized by the Constitution  (Read 1551 times)

Online roamer_1

Populists tend to favor a larger, more centralized government. There was an interview with Donald Trump, I believe sometime before the 2016 campaign, were he  advocated for a universal healthcare system.

Whether you like a big, centralized government or not, the fact is that we can no longer afford it. So it’s also a case of arguing against math. All these programs have to be paid for and printing money is not the way to pay for all of this

I understand that times are different from when the constitution was written. But government has gotten mighty expensive.

Wandered back to find this post for emphasis.
This thread demonstrates your words.

There can be no peace with Tumpsters who favor big government... They just think they can do big government better than the democrats.

And they are damn well wrong on that.

Online Hoodat

No one does Big Government better than fascists.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

Purposeful ignorance in order to justify your biases isn't very pretty,either.

Answer THIS question for me,Bubba.

Does the US Constution FORBID all these things,and if so,where and in what ways?

For example,I seriously doubt the US Constitution forbids the forming of state and federal highway departments.
Amendment 10:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Pretty much sums that up.

The US Constitution leaves the highway departments up to the States, with the exception of the post roads.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :bkmk:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Amendment 10:

Pretty much sums that up.

The US Constitution leaves the highway departments up to the States, with the exception of the post roads.

@Smokin Joe

Ok,let's tear them all up and demand they not be replaced,and see who well THAT works.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”

–The Federalist Papers, Number 47

Sadly, we failed to heed the warning and lawyers have accomplished the very thing we were warned against.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 03:04:25 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Ok,let's tear them all up and demand they not be replaced,and see who well THAT works.
I'm not sure about where you live, but here in the wilds of North Dakota, we have Interstate Highways and US routes (Federal), State roads, county roads, city streets, private roads, and section line trails, Maintained respectively by Federal (post road) funding, State funding, county taxes, out of pocket money, and non-maintained rights of way technically available to all which are the equivalent of a "jeep trail" elsewhere. They would degrade naturally without maintenance, but tearing them up would be more expensive than letting them just go to hell in a handbasket.

My point is that Constitutionally, the 'post roads' are Federal routes equivalent to the US Routes and Interstates, and all else already falls to the State and Local Governments to maintain.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis