Author Topic: 60% of Federal Spending goes to Departments Not Authorized by the Constitution  (Read 1550 times)

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social
60% of Federal Spending goes to Departments Not Authorized by the Constitution
#government #spending #fraud #budget #pork
https://www.americaoutloud.com/60-of-federal-spending-goes-to-departments-not-authorized-by-the-constitution/  
MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :bkmk:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

40% of federal spending is done with money that doesn't exist.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social

true that
MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Big deal.

It's not like the Founding Fathers expected anything like NASA,the National Weather Service,the US Air Force,or even the Department of Health to exist.

Not to mention comparatively minor Departments like the Dept of Transportation,the state highway departments,the Social Security Dept,etc,etc,etc.

Changing times call for changing solutions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Big deal.

It's not like the Founding Fathers expected anything like NASA,the National Weather Service,the US Air Force,or even the Department of Health to exist.

Not to mention comparatively minor Departments like the Dept of Transportation,the state highway departments,the Social Security Dept,etc,etc,etc.

Changing times call for changing solutions.

No, they don't. The whole idea is to limit the federal government and keep the sovereignty in the states. Closer to We the People. There is very little that requires a federal union, and those things are enumerated in the Constitution.

Every stitch of power you would grant to the fed is power that will be used to take your liberty, as history attests.

Imagine how much less this current government could do to your liberty with only 40% of what it has now. Less than HALF. And that is still way too much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, they don't. The whole idea is to limit the federal government and keep the sovereignty in the states. Closer to We the People. There is very little that requires a federal union, and those things are enumerated in the Constitution.

Every stitch of power you would grant to the fed is power that will be used to take your liberty, as history attests.

Imagine how much less this current government could do to your liberty with only 40% of what it has now. Less than HALF. And that is still way too much.

@roamer_1

Horse Hillary.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Horse Hillary.

@sneakypete
That is the very root of political Conservatism, and you call it horse-hillary?

good to know.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LMAO

@sneakypete

Populists tend to favor a larger, more centralized government. There was an interview with Donald Trump, I believe sometime before the 2016 campaign, were he  advocated for a universal healthcare system.

Whether you like a big, centralized government or not, the fact is that we can no longer afford it. So it’s also a case of arguing against math. All these programs have to be paid for and printing money is not the way to pay for all of this

I understand that times are different from when the constitution was written. But government has gotten mighty expensive.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 11:59:35 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Not if we print all the money we need
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 12:07:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:yowsa:  Absolutely right! All counts!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

Purposeful ignorance in order to justify your biases isn't very pretty,either.

Answer THIS question for me,Bubba.

Does the US Constution FORBID all these things,and if so,where and in what ways?

For example,I seriously doubt the US Constitution forbids the forming of state and federal highway departments.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

Most likely true,if not even worse.

The solution is NOT to go back to everybody living with outdoor plumbing and kerosene or candles furnishing our lighting.

The ONLY practical solution is to address the annual budgets and start trimming back the pork in order to have the funding for the programs that are important to run a government that serves the needs of the people.

I don't have,and can't even guess at the actual numbers,but I am pretty certain that eliminating the pork used to buy votes and provide pols and connected businesses with plenty of spending cash would go a LONG ways towards accomplishing a balanced budget.

Only a fool would want to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

BullBush!

Cutting funding for interstate highway construction and repairs,for just ONE example,would do more to damage my lilberty than anything you suggest.

Unless maybe you think a carriage pulled by horses up dirt lanes would be fine for ambulance services?

ANYBODY that a promotes either a total shutdown of everything not considered to be approved of by the Founding Fathers in writing,OR that says there should be no limits to government spending is a damn fool,and I don't give a flip whose toes I am stepping on.

We are NOT living in the 18th Century,nor are we living in a time and land of free milk and honey for everyone.

I have no idea why I am having to explain something this simple and obvious to adults.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:01:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@roamer_1

Does the US Constution FORBID all these things,and if so,where and in what ways?

For example,I seriously doubt the US Constitution forbids the forming of state and federal highway departments.

IF it is not one of the seventeen specific things the FedGov is charged with doing in Article I of the Constitution they have no power to do it. @sneakypete

For your reference:

Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;–And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:06:31 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Cutting funding for interstate highway construction and repairs,for just ONE example,would do more to damage my lilberty than anything you suggest.

Building roads is specifically addressed in the Constitution.  Giving money to people who don't work or choose to have kids out of wedlock is not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

IF it is not one of the seventeen specific things the FedGov is charged with doing in Article I of the Constitution they have no power to do it. @sneakypete

For your reference:

Correctamundo!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

WAKE the FU. You are NOT Jim Bridger,and you are NOT living in the 1800's.

None of us.

None of us are living in some mythical world of the future with anything and everything that everyone wants is provided for free,either.

Instead of digging a hole and hiding in the woods somewhere,what we need to do is focus on cutting out the political and financial corruption in local (EVERYTHING starts and ends at the local area),state,and federal governments,while doing the best we can to furnish our public services sectors without busting the budgets.

Just like with families,living within your budget is something the government needs to learn how to do,also.

IMNSHO,the best and ONLY way to do this is to NOT start at the bottom as is commonly demanded,but to start at the top,and make our federal representatives toe the line. If we do that,everything else will fall into place.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

YES IT DOES, @sneakypete ... Those things that are NOT the enumerated duties of the federal government are left to the states and to the people respectively.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

BullBush!

Unless maybe you think a carriage pulled by horses up dirt lanes would be fine for ambulance services?

NONSENSE @sneakypete . The states respectively are capable of handling road systems just fine. They already do, on everything except interstates.

ANYBODY that a promotes either a total shutdown of everything not considered to be approved of by the Founding Fathers in writing,OR that says there should be no limits to government spending is a damn fool,and I don't give a flip whose toes I am stepping on.

We are NOT living in the 18th Century,nor are we living in a time and land of free milk and honey for everyone.

I have no idea why I am having to explain something this simple and obvious to adults.

Again, the states should be running it, not the feds. and slashing the federal budget and putting that genie back in the bottle means 3/4 of the over-cost would be eliminated, and the rest would be firmly in the hands of the People, because they can better manage their state government than one that is 3000 miles away.

And there is nothing at all wrong with that thinking. In fact, it is the only solution.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
YES IT DOES, @sneakypete ... Those things that are NOT the enumerated duties of the federal government are left to the states and to the people respectively.

@roamer_1

According to YOU,who lives up a dirt road in the wilderness.

I guess that according to YOU,we need to eliminate our standing military and go back to a system of citizen soldiers that are called forward for duty when it becomes necessary?

The CORE of this lies in your desire to not pay any taxes for ANYTHING that you don't see as being necessary for YOU to live your life of pretending to be back in the 18 hundreds.

Offline roamer_1

IMNSHO,the best and ONLY way to do this is to NOT start at the bottom as is commonly demanded,but to start at the top,and make our federal representatives toe the line. If we do that,everything else will fall into place.

That is where you are stone dead wrong, @sneakypete ...
This federal behemoth is far beyond any control of the People, as is readily obvious.
The ONLY solution is to shut off its money, and therein its power... And put the power back where it belongs - In the STATES.

There the people have a chance in hell.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

According to YOU,who lives up a dirt road in the wilderness.

No... According to the Constitution of the United States of America.

I guess that according to YOU,we need to eliminate our standing military and go back to a system of citizen soldiers that are called forward for duty when it becomes necessary?

Military is allowed within the Constitution. Though militia - The National Guard, as it is spearheaded today - should not be at the beck and call of the feds. And citizen miitia should be strong enough to keep federal troops at bay.

The CORE of this lies in your desire to not pay any taxes for ANYTHING that you don't see as being necessary for YOU to live your life of pretending to be back in the 18 hundreds.

Bullshit.

Offline DB

That is where you are stone dead wrong, @sneakypete ...
This federal behemoth is far beyond any control of the People, as is readily obvious.
The ONLY solution is to shut off its money, and therein its power... And put the power back where it belongs - In the STATES.

There the people have a chance in hell.

I used to think you could restrain the beast by restricting the money feeding it. I was wrong. They just print it out of thin air instead making what money you have worthless.

The takers exceed the makers. It has passed critical mass and is now a full-on chain reaction. The only likely destination is collapse. The only real question is how long it will take to consume everything.

Offline roamer_1

I used to think you could restrain the beast by restricting the money feeding it. I was wrong. They just print it out of thin air instead making what money you have worthless.

The takers exceed the makers. It has passed critical mass and is now a full-on chain reaction. The only likely destination is collapse. The only real question is how long it will take to consume everything.

Likely true. But I will still fight to turn it around until the bitter end... Though I do expect the bitter end...

Normalcy bias prevents folks from seeing the truth of it.

It's a lot like riding a snow machine. It is so fast, and so free, and so easy scooting over the snow - A miracle almost if you know how hard it is with snow shoes - Until it breaks, and there you are... DAYS, maybe a WEEK or two away from anything resembling help... Then you realize that snow shoes were the wiser means of travel. But then, it will likely do you no good... because you are probably dead, and just don't know it yet.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:56:30 pm by roamer_1 »