Author Topic: Biden second-quarter job numbers off by 1 million, Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank says  (Read 385 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden second-quarter job numbers off by 1 million, Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank says

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times
Friday, December 16, 2022

The Biden administration vastly overstated its estimate that employers created more than 1 million jobs in the second quarter of this year, claiming historic job growth when in fact hiring had stalled, according to a new estimate.

Job growth was “essentially flat” in the second quarter with only 10,500 jobs added, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia said.

Republicans are accusing the administration of lying about the employment data in an election year and are demanding answers.

The Philadelphia Fed’s new assessment shows that employment numbers in 29 states and the District of Columbia were significantly lower than the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported for the March-through-June period.

The BLS, a division of the Department of Labor, estimated net job growth of 1,047,000 jobs in the second quarter. The Philadelphia Fed now says its data shows that 10,500 net jobs were created in that period.

Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida called the development “outrageous.”

“Wrong by a million jobs,” Mr. Scott tweeted Friday. “@JoeBiden’s admin has been lying to the American people about our economy to prop up his failed agenda & I won’t stand for it. I’m requesting an immediate meeting with the head of @BLS_gov. WE NEED ANSWERS NOW!”

more
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/dec/16/biden-administrations-claim-1-million-jobs-added-s/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Off by a million?  ....hmm Joe and the DEMS seem to have a 'counting' problem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Ben Whedon

Updated: December 20, 2022 - 11:35pm

An assessment from the Philadelphia Federal Reserve has found that the Bureau of Labor Statistics dramatically overstated second quarter jobs numbers, prompting scrutiny from Republicans who have raised concerns of politically motivated manipulation of federal statistics.

The BLS reported that the U.S. economy saw a net gain of 1,047,000 jobs in the second quarter, per the Washington Times, while the Philadelphia Fed contends the figure was actually a mere 10,500 jobs.

Moreover, BLS data overstated employment numbers in 29 states and the District of Columbia by significant margins compared to the same metrics from the Philadelphia Fed report.

In some states, the differences were stark. In President Joe Biden's home state of Delaware, for example, the BLS had reported a 4.5% increase in payroll jobs, whereas the Philadelphia Fed found the actual rate was a 4.1% loss.

The Philadelphia Fed contends that its metrics are more reliable because it draws its data from the "more comprehensive, accurate job estimates released by the BLS as part of its Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages program," per the outlet. The BLS stats use monthly reported data.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/biden-admin-overstated-jobs-numbers-more-1-million-raising-questions-about
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

No, this can’t be true. This Administration would never fudge numbers, would they?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy