Author Topic: Trump taxes: Boxes of documents seen wheeled into House committee room  (Read 743 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump taxes: Boxes of documents seen being wheeled into House committee room ahead of meeting
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter |
December 20, 2022 03:12 PM

Committee staffers were seen rolling several boxes of documents into the House Ways and Means Committee room ahead of a meeting on former President Donald Trump's tax documents.

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1605286577164648448

The committee will decide on Tuesday whether to release Trump's tax returns publicly after years spent trying to obtain them. The six years' worth of returns may be partially or fully disclosed depending on the results of the meeting.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/documents-wheeled-house-committee
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump taxes: Boxes of documents seen wheeled into House committee room
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 09:21:58 pm »
Only 15 days left for the Democrats to illegally leak all his tax info to the press.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 09:36:43 pm »
Only 15 days left for the Democrats to illegally leak all his tax info to the press.

This is only true if McCarthy wins the Speakership on Jan 3.  Otherwise, all bets are off.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 02:12:17 am »
House Ways and Means Committee votes to release Trump's tax returns
CBS, Dec 20, 2022

...six years of former President Donald Trump's tax returns will be released by the Democratic-controlled House Ways and Means Committee, which voted 24-16 on Tuesday to release the years of tax records Trump has has long tried to shield.

The vote was along party lines.

After a years-long legal battle, the Supreme Court cleared the way last month for the Treasury Department to send the returns to Congress. The committee received six years of tax returns for Trump and some of his businesses. Democrats are under pressure to act quickly, since only two weeks remain until Republicans take control of the House of Representatives.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-tax-returns-release-vote-house-ways-and-means-committee/

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 02:14:37 am »
Did the court say Congress could release them?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 03:03:06 am »
Did the court say Congress could release them?

They (the DC Appellate Court) acknowledged the possibility of that occurring.  But they did not give their permission.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 03:42:29 am »
If there was anything incriminating in his tax returns it would have been known years ago.

All that's going to happen now is a bunch of people publicly misrepresenting what the tax returns reveal. The vast majority of people in this country can't read, let alone understand, an itemized return.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 04:03:22 am »
All that's going to happen now is a bunch of people publicly misrepresenting what the tax returns reveal.

What's going to happen is that a private citizen is going to have his legal right of confidentiality stripped away by a tyrannical government entity in violation of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 04:12:33 am »
What's going to happen is that a private citizen is going to have his legal right of confidentiality stripped away by a tyrannical government entity in violation of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Well if you're going to point out the big overarching consequence of this action, I'm going to have to agree with you!

Everytime I start getting put off with Trump (the NFT trading cards was the last thing and Fuentes just before it) the establishment finds another way to persecute him and I find I will support him. I can't stand corrupt institutions!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 04:38:50 am »
Everytime I start getting put off with Trump (the NFT trading cards was the last thing and Fuentes just before it) the establishment finds another way to persecute him and I find I will support him. I can't stand corrupt institutions!

Same here.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 04:45:23 am »
Why do I feel they will just be "leaked" to someone at the Post or NY Times?

Like someone said, they'll overreact against Trump, turn him into a martyr, and get him elected again. They can't help themselves.