Author Topic: What Ever Happened to Russia’s ‘Wonder Weapons?’  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Ever Happened to Russia’s ‘Wonder Weapons?’
« on: December 20, 2022, 12:21:28 pm »
What Ever Happened to Russia’s ‘Wonder Weapons?’
Missiles, fighter jets, robots, and even a mecha turned out to be vaporware.

BY KYLE MIZOKAMIPUBLISHED: DEC 9, 2022

Russia has announced various new high-tech weapons over the past five years.

The weapons included a mecha, a fifth-generation fighter jet, a new tank, a robotic fighting vehicle, and a hypersonic missile.

Only one of those weapons has made an appearance in the war in Ukraine so far.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is in trouble. Eight months into the war, Russian forces have been forced out of half of the territory conquered in the spring. Moscow is in the embarrassing position of being on the defensive in a war of its own creation.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a41968636/what-happened-to-russias-wonder-weapons/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What Ever Happened to Russia’s ‘Wonder Weapons?’
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 10:40:54 pm »
Russia’s ‘Wonder Weapons?’

As in... "I'm wonderin' if this is gonna work....?"

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 04:02:17 am »
They built one of each as proof their military is modern.

There is a saying:  the Russian army is large and modern, but the part that is modern is not large and the part that is large is not modern.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 04:14:28 am »
Still waiting for the first T-14 sighting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-