Author Topic: Gaetz’s Rebellion Goes Haywire: MTG Rips Florida Rep over Threat to Hold Up GOP Business for Months  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz’s Rebellion Goes Haywire: MTG Rips Florida Rep over Threat to Hold Up GOP Business for Months so He Can Vent About McCarthy

Ashley Oliver 19 Dec 2022 Washington, DC

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said Monday he supports bringing Republican House business to a halt until as late as March next year if it means electing someone besides House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to be speaker.

Gaetz, one of five outspoken opponents of McCarthy, told Charlie Kirk in an interview he would rather wait weeks and have “sort of a turbulent takeoff” than have McCarthy be speaker.

“I’m saying we could see the cherry blossoms bloom and not have a speaker. I hope it doesn’t come to that,” Gaetz said, in reference to the popular flower in D.C. that blooms annually around the end of March.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), a vocal proponent of McCarthy’s bid for speaker, conveyed her disapproval of Gaetz’s remarks in a statement online, emphasizing a slate of investigations Republicans plan to begin at the start of next year and noting Americans would not “wait for the cherry blossoms to bloom.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/19/gaetzs-rebellion-goes-haywire-mtg-rips-florida-rep-over-threat-to-hold-up-gop-business-for-months-so-he-can-vent-about-mccarthy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No...MTG has just endorsed the McCarthy/McConnell capitualtion machine.

She can't take a bathroom break  without consulting Trump first.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No...MTG has just endorsed the McCarthy/McConnell capitualtion machine.

She can't take a bathroom break  without consulting Trump first.

This is a very inaccurate portrayal of MTG.  She's actually been out front on this and is very clear about why she supports McCarthy.  So  has Jim Jordan, among other conservatives.