Author Topic: Breaking — Kari Lake election lawsuit is going to trial…  (Read 7930 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Breaking — Kari Lake election lawsuit is going to trial…
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:44:20 pm »
 Arizona judge dismisses most of Kari Lake’s lawsuit challenging election results
by Zach Schonfeld - 12/19/22 10:40 PM ET

An Arizona judge has dismissed most of Kari Lake’s election lawsuit contesting the victory of her opponent, Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs (D), after Lake for weeks seized on unproven voter fraud allegations.

Lake had asked the judge to set aside Hobbs’s certified victory based on 10 counts, alleging election officials in Maricopa County — which comprises most of the state’s population — committed misconduct and tabulated hundreds of thousands of illegal ballots.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson on Monday evening dismissed eight of the 10 counts, ruling that they did not fall under the proper criteria to bring election challenges under Arizona law, even if true, so they did not merit further consideration.

But Thompson allowed a trial to move forward on two other counts that he said, if proven, could state a claim under the statute governing election challenges: alleged intentional interference by election officials affecting Maricopa County ballot printers and chain of custody violations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3781159-arizona-judge-dismisses-most-of-kari-lakes-lawsuit-challenging-election-results/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 04:49:58 pm »
The most important points of Kari Lake's are moving forward, despite The Hill's Rosy Scenario.

The Chain of Custody issue is extremely important because it concerns 350,000 or so problematic ballots.  Whistleblowers from Runbeck have spilled the beans.  That's part of the case still in play.

Hobbs and Richie are going to have to take the witness stand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 04:58:18 pm »
Interesting.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 05:46:57 pm »
The most important points of Kari Lake's are moving forward, despite The Hill's Rosy Scenario.

The Chain of Custody issue is extremely important because it concerns 350,000 or so problematic ballots.  Whistleblowers from Runbeck have spilled the beans.  That's part of the case still in play.

That's really the part I hoped did get litigated, because that's where the issue lies IMO.

The printer thing won't be easy to prove without some very damning evidence.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 05:52:12 pm »
That's really the part I hoped did get litigated, because that's where the issue lies IMO.

The printer thing won't be easy to prove without some very damning evidence.

The problems with the printers is also still in play.  I think they are going to find an IT guy who will testify there was network chicanery concerning the printers.  That's bad on more than one level.  1)  Printers were set to cause the failures, and 2) it was done remotely using the internet.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »

*please* *please* *please*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 06:20:47 pm »
The problems with the printers is also still in play.  I think they are going to find an IT guy who will testify there was network chicanery concerning the printers.  That's bad on more than one level.  1)  Printers were set to cause the failures, and 2) it was done remotely using the internet.

:thumbsup:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 06:39:06 pm »

Do they get to do additional discovery on this for the trial? 
Surely that's the kind of thing that should be tracked in the system logs.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 07:39:49 pm »
Do they get to do additional discovery on this for the trial? 
Surely that's the kind of thing that should be tracked in the system logs.

In 2020, those logs were buried by a "Special Master" who was in the pocket of a MC Supervisor (Hickman).

I don't know about Discovery, because this trial starts in the next week or so.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 01:13:48 am »
BOOM!!!

Arizona AG candidate Hamadeh's election challenge will proceed to trial

Hamadeh previously filed a challenge, though a judge dismissed it as premature since Arizona law requires that the state certify an election and declare a winner before a candidate can challenge the outcome.

Arizona Republican Attorney General candidate Abe Hamadeh's election challenge will proceed to trial, after an Arizona judge denied Democratic Attorney General-elect Kris Mayes' motion for dismissal.

In the Tuesday ruling, Mohave County Superior Court Judge Lee F. Jantzen did dismiss five of Hamadeh's counts, but allowed his other claims to proceed to an evidentiary hearing scheduled for Dec. 23. Presently Hamadeh trails Mayes by 511 votes...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 02:05:01 am »
Let's hope the Democrats who committed felonies in the election go to prison.

Judge Orders 2-Day Trial in Kari Lake Election Lawsuit

Truth Press

~4 minutes

Arizona Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake’s lawsuit against Maricopa County will go to trial, a judge ruled late Monday.

Lake filed the lawsuit December 9, alleging that “hundreds of thousands of illegal ballots infected” the Nov. 8 election and led to Hobbs being declared the winner, and “contains more than 270 exhibits of evidence.” Lake’s suit also relies on expert witness testimony.

We have 270 exhibits of evidence

Our whistleblowers are people who were intimately involved in the process

Every one of them is willing to speak to these facts under the penalty of perjury

We have the facts, we have the law, & we have precedent on our side

We also have faith.

— Kari Lake War Room (@KariLakeWarRoom) December 19, 2022

Last week Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson agreed to allow Lake’s legal team to “inspect a small number of printed and early ballots from the election, including 50 that were marked ‘spoiled’ on Election Day.” That inspection has not occurred yet; it is scheduled to begin Tuesday, December 20.

Then, after a hearing Monday:

…Thompson tossed eight of the claims in Lake’s lawsuit, but allowed two to remain that alleged an intentional plot by officials to manipulate the election in favor of Lake’s Democratic opponent, Secretary of State Katie Hobbs. In two separate orders, he ruled that a two-day trial will take place before Jan. 2, and that Hobbs and County Recorder Stephen Richer would be required to testify as Lake wished.

The ruling stated that Lake has “alleged intentional misconduct sufficient to affect the outcome of the election and thus has stated an issue of fact that requires going beyond the pleadings,” and that at trial Lake must show that the county’s printer malfunctions were intentional and designed to affect the election results, and that the actions “did actually affect the outcome.”

While Hobbs’ attorneys argued that “Lake’s case should be thrown out because it doesn’t adhere to state standards for a valid election complaint” and asked for sanctions against Lake and her attorneys:

Kurt Olsen, one of Lake’s attorneys, meanwhile portrayed the lawsuit as an expose of systemic problems, failures and possible illegal acts by election officials that led to “massive failure” at the polling stations and “tens of thousands” of disenfranchised voters.

Lake’s attorneys for the suit include Bryan Blehm, who was a lawyer for Cyber Ninjas, the contractor hired by the state Senate for its review of the 2020 election, and Olsen, a Washington, D.C., lawyer who recently was ordered to pay sanctions in a federal suit brought by Lake and Finchem that a judge said contained frivolous and baseless claims.

Olsen, who spoke after the county lawyers, said the judge should put stock in the affidavit of “top cyber expert” Clay Parikh, whose analysis concluded that the county’s “system-wide” failures could only be explained by intentional manipulation of county officials. An analysis “based on science” also showed that 15,000 to 29,000 votes were disenfranchised, Olsen said. He also claimed the county mysteriously “found” 25,000 “extra voters” two days after the polls closed.

Lake will update the crowd at Turning Point USA’s AMFEST in Phoenix Tuesday, she announced.

I will be taking the stage tomorrow at #AmFest2022 to update America on our huge win in Court today. I promise you — this is one speech you do not want to miss. BE THERE.

— Kari Lake (@KariLake) December 20, 2022
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 02:07:40 am »
Hoping and praying for a positive outcome!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2022, 03:43:01 am »
Merged.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 09:57:03 pm »
Cybersecurity expert in Lake trial: Ballot printers must have been intentionally tampered with

Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer sought to dismiss a subpoena requiring his testimony at the trial, but the judge denied the motion.

By Natalia Mittelstadt

Updated: December 21, 2022 - 2:22pm

A cybersecurity expert in the civil trial of Kari Lake's lawsuit testified Wednesday that the issues experienced with ballot printers at Maricopa County vote centers on Election Day had to have been intentionally caused by changing the printer settings.

The trial began Wednesday with the testimonies of Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, Maricopa County Director of Elections Scott Jarrett, and cybersecurity expert Clay Parikh.

Parikh, who has previously worked with election systems, testified that the settings on either the printers or the laptops at the vote centers that sent the ballot print jobs to the printers had to have been intentionally changed to cause the printer errors that were experienced on Election Day.

Jarrett explained under direct examination that the vote center wait times were based on prior elections, and calculated that voters would wait in line for about 30 minutes on average. He said that wait times included how long it would take voters to check in at the vote centers. The election director said under cross-examination by defendants' counsel that the average wait time for all voters was less than few minutes on Election Day.

When asked by Lake's legal counsel about reports from poll workers that wait times were over two hours, Jarrett said that those workers could make estimates, but unless they were timing voters, it was an assumption.

Jarrett also testified that there was no 19-inch ballot design for the 2022 general election, only the August primary, so ballot printers couldn't have printed the wrong ballot.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/kari-lake-lawsuit-maricopa-county-put-trial-after-decade-election-issues
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 09:57:54 pm »
This morning was interesting.  The "Print on Demand" ballots were designed for 19" pages, but were printed on 20" paper.  These ballots were unreadable by the Tabulators.  Somebody made a change to the printers between the election-eve tests that passed, and actual election day.  I now understand the printing problem!

Then there's the Ballot Chain of Custody issue.  Way broken for hundreds of thousand ballots!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 09:59:00 pm »
@Bigun

Yes, they went after not counting at the state mandated voting center!

My gut says that's where the meat is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 10:04:33 pm »
This morning was interesting.  The "Print on Demand" ballots were designed for 19" pages, but were printed on 20" paper.  These ballots were unreadable by the Tabulators.  Somebody made a change to the printers between the election-eve tests that passed, and actual election day.  I now understand the printing problem!

Then there's the Ballot Chain of Custody issue.  Way broken for hundreds of thousand ballots!

Wondered if they used the same sized ballots for the test and the actual.

All that sounds very fishy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2022, 10:04:43 pm »
Plaintiff's case is today, so I guess the Defense has all day tomorrow to shoot at this.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2022, 10:16:03 pm »
Wondered if they used the same sized ballots for the test and the actual.

All that sounds very fishy.

I'm betting all the ballots they used for the night-before Tests were probably just fine.  I think alterations to the printers happened between the tests and the opening of the Poll the next morning.  I'm equally sure they set them back after the polls closed.  Dem politicians may be dumb as stones about this, but the IT people know to cover their tracks.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2022, 10:37:28 pm »
@Bigun

Yes, they went after not counting at the state mandated voting center!

My gut says that's where the meat is.
:yowsa: It is a clear violation of the law @Free Vulcan

- J. R. R. Tolkien