Author Topic: Wars, Bad Economic Policies Cause Humanitarian Crises, Not Climate Change  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY H. STERLING BURNETT ON DEC 19, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Wars, Bad Economic Policies Cause Humanitarian Crises, Not Climate Change

somalia povertyReuters published an article recently claiming climate change was one of the primary factors causing an increasing number of countries and people to face a humanitarian crisis. This is false.

Although the number of people facing food insecurity, living in unsafe conditions, or being displaced from their homes may have grown recently, in every instance, the situation is caused by a combination of ongoing civil strife or armed conflict and poor economic policies. [emphasis, links added]

In a few instances, temporary but not historically unique extreme weather events have exacerbated problems people were already facing, however, long-term climate change is not a factor in the world’s humanitarian crisis.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/wars-bad-economic-policies-cause-humanitarian-crises-not-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson