Author Topic: Column: ‘Attention poor people, step away from the fuel. It’s not for you. And stop using it anyway.  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Column: ‘Attention poor people, step away from the fuel. It’s not for you. And stop using it anyway. Thank you”
December 12, 20226:55 AM Terry Etam2 Comments

Here we are in a season of counterweighting emotions. On one hand, the holiday season is close, the season of good cheer and all that other greeting card stuff. On the other hand, the sun is up for five minutes per day, it’s been horribly cold for more than a month already, and the entire landscape is either grey or brownish mud-grey.

In the spirit of the dominance of the latter mood, it is a good time to descend into the septic tank that is the mainstream news flow. I won’t wallow for long, lord help me, but there are important vectors in the world today that deserve to be scrutinized.

The mainstream news flow is, in general, too late, too opinionated/politicized, and, if it clears those hurdles, is often too sensationalistic. However, in their search for shock and awe, there are glimmers of stories we should all be following.

If you read columns here regularly, you will be familiar with some of the broader themes below, but they come from a curmudgeon on a soapbox. It’s time to give my vocal cords a rest since the world is providing plenty of clarity. What follows are tragic stories of human suffering, wild hypocrisy, and, threaded through, a glimpse into the cast of characters orchestrating it all.

https://boereport.com/2022/12/12/column-attention-poor-people-step-away-from-the-fuel-its-not-for-you-and-stop-using-it-anyway-thank-you/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson