Author Topic: El Paso Mayor Declares Disaster over Migrant Border Surge, End of Title 42  (Read 222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
El Paso Mayor Declares Disaster over Migrant Border Surge, End of Title 42

Bob Price 18 Dec 2022

The mayor of El Paso declared a disaster “due to a humanitarian, security, and economic crisis resulting from a mass migration” through the city. The declaration comes as thousands of migrants continue to cross from Mexico into the city in advance of the end of the Title 42 protocol expected on Wednesday.

Freezing temperatures in the city of El Paso are in the forecast for the coming week while hundreds of migrants camp out on the streets. The surge of migrant crossings, only expected to increase following the termination of the Title 42 migrant removal protocol on Wednesday, led El Paso Mayor Oscar Lesser to declare a state of disaster.

https://twitter.com/TonyGonzales4TX/status/1604290128213553152

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/12/18/el-paso-mayor-declares-disaster-over-migrant-border-surge-end-of-title-42/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: El Paso Mayor Declares Disaster over Migrant Border Surge, End of Title 42
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 03:10:57 pm »

20K migrants waiting in Mexico to cross US border when Title 42 ends, El Paso mayor says
By MaryAnn Martinez
December 19, 2022 9:44pm  Updated

Across the border from El Paso, Texas, some 20,000 migrants are waiting for Title 42 to end so they can cross into the US, the mayor said at a press conference Monday evening.

“We’ve been talking to some of the partners in Mexico, and we’re talking also to the Border Patrol and those are the numbers that have been fed back to us,” said Mayor Oscar Leeser. “The shelters in [Ciudad] Juarez are completely full today, and they believe there’s about 20,000 people ready to come into El Paso.”

An emergency filing with the Supreme Court by attorney generals in 19 states meant a temporary halt to the planned lifting of Title 42, the Trump-era policy which allows border officers to reject illegal border crossers from the US, on Wednesday.

The Border Patrol has used Title 42 to expel about 40% of all illegal border crossers since it was implemented by former President Donald Trump in 2020. Even though it may not end this week, local leaders say they are continuing to prepare for a human tidal wave — with as many as 5,000 migrants a day attempting to cross the border.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/19/20k-migrants-waiting-in-mexico-to-cross-us-border-when-title-42-ends-el-paso-mayor-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: El Paso Mayor Declares Disaster over Migrant Border Surge, End of Title 42
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 03:15:39 pm »
Incredible border scenes as National Guardsmen flood El Paso and Humvees line banks of Rio Grande in preparation for up to 14,000 migrants a DAY when Title 42 expires Wednesday

A group of Texas National Guard arrived at the border in El Paso, Texas overnight

The troops, holding rifles, formed a line of humvees along the border

Comes after thousands of migrants crossed into El Paso over the last week

New fencing was put up along the river bank to stop the flow of illegal crossings

By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM IN EL PASO, TEXAS

PUBLISHED: 09:25 EST, 20 December 2022 | UPDATED: 09:59 EST, 20 December 2022

A huge Texas National Guard presence arrived at the southern border in El Paso overnight as the Texas city prepares for an even larger influx of migrants once Title 42 ends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11558387/Texas-National-Guard-holding-rifles-driving-humvees-arrive-El-Paso-border.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson