Author Topic: Biden admin pushes consumers toward LED light bulbs with new energy efficiency standard  (Read 477 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 19, 2022 11:05am EST
Biden admin pushes consumers toward LED light bulbs with new energy efficiency standard
The rule means more than $400 million in compliance costs from industry

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

The Biden administration released a proposed rule on Monday aimed at requiring consumers to buy LED light bulbs, a move it estimated could force $400 million in compliance costs on manufacturers.

The proposed rule would more than double energy efficiency standards for light bulbs from 45 lumens per watt to 120 lumens per watt, and said the explicit goal is to move people to LED bulbs.

"Earlier this year, DOE implemented a near-term phaseout of inefficient incandescent bulbs," the White House said Monday. "Today’s new rule will accelerate the transition away from compact fluorescent bulbs as well, toward more efficient and long-lasting LED bulbs that deliver significant savings and that the lighting industry is already embracing."

The White House estimated that the more stringent energy-use standard would eventually save the average family "at least $100 annually through lower energy bills," and would reduce greenhouse gas emissions. But the rule will also come at a cost to manufacturers.

"In order to bring products into compliance with new and amended standards, it is estimated that the industry would incur total conversion costs of $407 million," the draft rule said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-pushes-consumers-toward-led-light-bulbs-with-new-energy-efficiency-standard
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm still using filament bulbs.  I had to order some GE 75 watters a while back.  I think they came from mexico cuz all the packaging was written in spanish.  I still have some "Rough Duty" utility 100 watt bulbs but 75 watts is the perfect bulb.  Not to bright and not too dim for reading.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
LED lamps are among the miniscule successes of the green scam.  I like the electricity cost savings and less frequent bulb replacements.

But for Pedo Joe to be pushing and taking credit for technology basically in use for almost 20 years?

One desperate mofo looking for kudos (IMO)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

I'm still using filament bulbs.

Me too... because I have to. LED light messes with me. I cannot sleep if I am around it. I try pretty hard to avoid LED light after 9pm and strictly after 11pm, or I simply will not get tired... Part of why I spend all night if I code late.

So uncle Joe is trying to push me all the way back into lanterns and candles.

Online libertybele

I buy whatever bulb I feel like buying.  I prefer the lighting of filament bulbs.  LED's aren't all that and I don't care for the several seconds later response when turning them on.  My friendly Home Depot sells both and so does Target.

Joe can kiss my grits.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Last summer I  replaced an outside light with an LED bulb. It's pretty slow to reach full intensity this time of year (-20 last night).
That's one beef, but sometimes the 'waste heat' of an incandescent is welcome. Try putting an LED bulb in a chicken incubator, for instance...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Last summer I  replaced an outside light with an LED bulb. It's pretty slow to reach full intensity this time of year (-20 last night).
That's one beef, but sometimes the 'waste heat' of an incandescent is welcome. Try putting an LED bulb in a chicken incubator, for instance...

Or an Easy Bake Oven!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

sometimes the 'waste heat' of an incandescent is welcome. Try putting an LED bulb in a chicken incubator, for instance...

I've got a whole string of em up under the house... Makes for light when you want to go down under there, but when it's cold, say 15 below and under, those lights are turned on for the duration... And they work. Same used to be in the well house too... But that's got a propane rigged cadet heater in there now.