Author Topic: Go woke, go broke! San Francisco mayor warns crime-ridden city now faces a $728m budget deficit  (Read 1121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Go woke, go broke! San Francisco mayor warns crime-ridden city now faces a $728m budget deficit
Story by Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com • Yesterday 12:42 PM

San Francisco's mayor is asking municipal departments to find significant savings as the embattled city braces for a $728 million budget deficit, predicted for the next two fiscal years.

With some of the lowest office occupancy rates in the country, thanks to the tech companies that make the city's lifeblood retreating to remote work, San Francisco has seen residents move to the suburbs - pushed also by rising crime.

The city's income from property taxes and office rates has plummeted, causing sleepless nights in City Hall.

London Breed, the mayor, on Thursday asked municipal departments to identify ways to reduce costs by 5 percent in the next fiscal year and by 8 percent in the year after that.

'We know the challenges facing San Francisco are significant, and we have a lot of work ahead of us to maintain the city's recovery efforts,' Breed said in a statement.

'As we work to close this deficit, it will require tough choices and real tradeoffs.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/go-woke-go-broke-san-francisco-mayor-warns-crime-ridden-city-now-faces-a-728m-budget-deficit/ar-AA15oFgN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=25a5b9c9aa454d6b9766edc73a384ce7
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It isn't going to happen.  There are already too many piglets for the sow to feed.  Plus, being good lefties, they will sue to keep the milk and honey flowing. :pigs fly:
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We are rapidly nearing the time of the separation of sheep and goats. My sympathy for the pain that these continued kind of decisions cause is getting less and less and less.

You did this to yourselves. Sit down, shut up, and eat the crap sandwich that you made yourself for lunch, and deal with it till you change your ways.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:19:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well the police officers are doing their part by resigning or retiring in droves. Well done maoyer breed.

Online Hoodat

We are rapidly nearing the time of the separation of sheep and goats.

Will the US end up as a goat nation?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Will the US end up as a goat nation?

Or maybe not as a nation at all.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat wonders:
"Will the US end up as a goat nation?"

And Vulcan ponders:
"Or maybe not as a nation at all."

That's why it's time to start thinking about how a new nation could be forged from the core of the old one.

Hence, my call for a New Continental Congress to examine the possibilities...

(San Francisco would NOT be included in such a Congress, nor in the new Union)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Hoodat wonders:
"Will the US end up as a goat nation?"

And Vulcan ponders:
"Or maybe not as a nation at all."

That's why it's time to start thinking about how a new nation could be forged from the core of the old one.

Hence, my call for a New Continental Congress to examine the possibilities...

(San Francisco would NOT be included in such a Congress, nor in the new Union)

Problem is I don't know if we could control the outcome.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Everything will resolve itself. We now have roving gangs of Black people killing other Black people. They will eventually wear each other out.

I'm thinking about the Mafia. The biggest problem with random attacks is that you never really know who you are f**king with. These guys will all eventually kill each other off, or someone will do it for them.

No bail? No jail time? That is fine with me. I like it
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 12:07:50 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
America is not as 'snowflaky' as the street thugs seem to think we are.
Go ahead and mug a 70 year old woman in NY, you creep.
But if you come around my town, things will take a different turn.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
America is not as 'snowflaky' as the street thugs seem to think we are.

Always a good reminder. It's not the Republican controlled jurisdictions that have a consistent pattern of uncontrolled crime.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan wrote:
"Problem is I don't know if we could control the outcome"

How could the Colonists know what "the outcome" of their first Continental Congress in 1775 was going to be?

From what I've read, the original CC was convened with the intent of working out the Colonists' disagreements with Britain (and perhaps believing that they would remain "colonists").

But then, events progressed and attitudes changed.

I dare say that what they eventually ended up with -- defeating Britain and establishing a new nation -- wasn't that much "in their minds" when they first got together.

So... to answer your doubts...

We may be able to control "the outcome"... or we may not.
We may not even know what that outcome will be.

But... if we don't try... we certainly DO KNOW what the outcome is going to be:
A new communist America in which The Party will do everything in its power to crush whatever freedoms remain in the red states.

Which future do you choose?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
How could the Colonists know what "the outcome" of their first Continental Congress in 1775 was going to be?

But then they didn't have to deal with radical atheist statists trying to turn things into the globalist Marxist 'utopia'.

Conservatives can't outmaneuver these guys now, much less if we get there.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Vulcan wrote:
"Problem is I don't know if we could control the outcome"

From what I've read, the original CC was convened with the intent of working out the Colonists' disagreements with Britain (and perhaps believing that they would remain "colonists").

But then, events progressed and attitudes changed.

I dare say that what they eventually ended up with -- defeating Britain and establishing a new nation -- wasn't that much "in their minds" when they first got together.

So... to answer your doubts...

We may be able to control "the outcome"... or we may not.
We may not even know what that outcome will be.

But... if we don't try... we certainly DO KNOW what the outcome is going to be:
A new communist America in which The Party will do everything in its power to crush whatever freedoms remain in the red states.

Which future do you choose?

As quickly as the ILLEGALS are pouring in and the mass exodus from blue states, there aren't going to be many red states left. The future of or a chance for a CC is looking pretty bleak. How many ILLEGALS will be on board?? Doubtful any.  They aren't assimilating now, what makes you think that they'd assimilate to a new Congress? I just don't see a clear path to success and then there's also the issue of leadership and the resistance of the current Congress. All things considered, things could get very ugly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

The Lawless Streets Of San Francisco, by Savannah Hernandez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g5Mb-ktGxQ
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

The First Continental Congress was made up of Delegates who represented each specific colony (or state).  No such representation exist with our current Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It was just this type of urban decay and dystopia that gave rise to 1970s cinematic anti-heroes.

Nothing in American lore like a righteous rouge cop cleaning up limousine bleeding heart liberal filth from America's streets.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright