Author Topic: Manchin sidesteps questions on leaving Democratic Party: ‘I’ll let you know later’  (Read 519 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Manchin sidesteps questions on leaving Democratic Party: ‘I’ll let you know later’ 
by Julia Mueller - 12/18/22 11:17 AM ET

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday sidestepped questions about whether he’d leave the Democratic Party after being asked about his comments regarding his serving in the Senate as an “independent voice.”

Manchin avoided saying outright if he’d join fellow centrist Sen. Krysten Sinema (I-Ariz.), who shocked Washington earlier this month by announcing that she would become an Independent.

The West Virginia Democrat instead criticized hyper-partisanship in Congress and said he would wait and see how the bipartisan infrastructure bill and the Inflation Reduction Act “plays out” before making a decision about his affiliation. 

“If people are trying to stop something from doing so much good because of politics, thinking somebody else will get credit for it, let’s see how that plays out. And then I’ll let you know later what I decide to do,” Manchin told CBS “Face the Nation” moderator Margaret Brennan. 

“They know how independent I am,” Manchin said of Democrats.

“The ‘D’ does not saddle me to ‘everything the Democrats want to do is right.’ I don’t think the Democrats have all the answers. I don’t think the Republicans are always wrong,” he said. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3779726-manchin-sidesteps-questions-on-leaving-democratic-party-ill-let-you-know-later/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My prediction is he'll stay within the Dem Party.  Just a WAG.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Manchin will do whatever needs to be done to win reelection.  For the five years that follow, he will be a solid Democrat vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, dang it all...!

Poor Joe STILL can't figure out what he needs to do.

He saw that young'un Sinema "take the big step" right in front of him, and yet he just sits there, a-hemmin' and a-hawin'.

C'mon, Joe.... c'mon...

Online mountaineer

Joe's playing coy because he likes the attention. Will he or won't he? You just have to wait and see, but please keep paying attention to him!  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe is playing the game.   He would do better to stay a Rat. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Joe is playing the game.   He would do better to stay a Rat.

He wants the presidency in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.