Author Topic: BREAKING: Vatican dismisses Father Frank Pavone from priesthood  (Read 1210 times)

Online mountaineer

BREAKING: Vatican dismisses Father Frank Pavone from priesthood
« on: December 18, 2022, 01:41:40 pm »
BREAKING: Vatican dismisses Father Frank Pavone from priesthood
By Shannon Mullen, Joe Bukuras
Washington, D.C. Newsroom, Dec 17, 2022 / 17:05 pm

Father Frank Pavone, a well-known pro-life activist and national director of the organization Priests for Life, has been dismissed from the clerical state for “blasphemous communications on social media” and “persistent disobedience of the lawful instructions of his diocesan bishop,” CNA has learned.

In a Dec. 13 letter to U.S. bishops obtained by CNA and confirmed by multiple sources as authentic, Archbishop Christophe Pierre, the Apostolic Nuncio to the United States, wrote that the Prefect of the Dicastery for the Clergy issued the decision on Nov. 9, adding that there was “no possibility of appeal.”

“Father Pavone was given ample opportunity to defend himself in the canonical proceedings, and he was also given multiple opportunities to submit himself to the authority of his diocesan bishop,” explains a separate statement attached to Pierre’s letter. “It was determined that Father Pavone had no reasonable justification for his actions.”

Pavone, however, told CNA Saturday that he had not been notified about the Vatican's judgment. ... Catholic News Agency
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING: Vatican dismisses Father Frank Pavone from priesthood
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 02:22:00 pm »
BBL

9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online berdie

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 08:52:59 pm »
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 11:09:07 pm »
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this.
Me, too, @berdie

I have had my serious reservations about this Pope, since day one.
That the ire of the Church should be directed against one who is solidly pro-life, and not at the egregious violations of Church Doctrine by political entities who claim unabashedly to be Catholic is, in my mind, inexcusable.

I will continue to place my faith in Scripture and Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and let the Church go where it will. I follow Christ, not men.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 11:12:02 pm »
God needs to take this Pope home.  Maybe to Satan's place.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 11:28:36 pm »
God needs to take this Pope home.  Maybe to Satan's place.

According to some, this is the last Pope before the end of times.

https://uscatholic.org/articles/201309/what-is-the-prophecy-of-st-malachy/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 12:12:12 am »
This is very upsetting..The Pope is okay with abortion?...this seems to be what he is implying... :crying:
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 12:31:20 am »
This is very upsetting..The Pope is okay with abortion?...this seems to be what he is implying... :crying:

I see it that way as well. IMO this has been the most liberal, radical Pope that there has been.  I do not look up to this Pope, nor do I agree with him on several issues.  I am a Catholic and I refuse to give up the beliefs that I grew up with that were taught to me in a Catholic school.  The Bible is the Bible and the Word of God is just that -- this Pope in my eyes is acting purely political.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 12:43:49 am »
I see it that way as well. IMO this has been the most liberal, radical Pope that there has been.  I do not look up to this Pope, nor do I agree with him on several issues.  I am a Catholic and I refuse to give up the beliefs that I grew up with that were taught to me in a Catholic school.  The Bible is the Bible and the Word of God is just that -- this Pope in my eyes is acting purely political.

I agree...this sickens me. How can the head of the Catholic Church support abortion..I am beginning to think he is the devil incarnate ....we need a new Pope....
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 01:05:46 am »
Have read the Pope is not in good health. I'm hoping this isn't another Biden figurehead situation with the minions pulling the strings.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2022, 01:35:36 am »
I agree...this sickens me. How can the head of the Catholic Church support abortion..I am beginning to think he is the devil incarnate ....we need a new Pope....

Soon.  This guy is anti-catholic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 04:35:28 pm »
Fr. Frank Pavone
@frfrankpavone
I’ve got news for you… The babies we are saving today from #abortion, and the moms and dads whose devastated lives we are putting back together, couldn’t care less about church politics or the tantrums of the bishops.
8:00 AM · Dec 22, 2022

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org