Author Topic: US to begin training hundreds of Ukrainian troops every month  (Read 83 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to begin training hundreds of Ukrainian troops every month
« on: December 18, 2022, 11:42:29 am »
US to begin training hundreds of Ukrainian troops every month
By Meghann Myers
 Thursday, Dec 15

Ukrainian troops will rotate into Germany for training with the U.S. Army. (Evgeniy Maloletka/AP)
Starting in January, 500 Ukrainian troops a month will travel to Germany to train with the U.S. Army, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

The training will be focused on battalion-level operations, said Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesman, during a press briefing.

“Combined arms-maneuver training is a logical next step in our ongoing training efforts, which began in 2014, to build the Ukrainian armed forces’ capacity,” Ryder said. “While there’s an understandable focus on the equipment being provided to Ukraine, training is and has been essential to ensuring Ukraine has the skilled forces necessary to better defend themselves.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/12/15/us-to-begin-training-hundreds-of-ukrainian-troops-every-month/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson