Author Topic: Joe Biden roasted for busting out ‘old school, anti-Irish’ slur, claiming he’s Italian: ‘He needs he  (Read 441 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 December 17, 2022 1:56pm EST
Joe Biden roasted for busting out ‘old school, anti-Irish’ slur, claiming he’s Italian: ‘He needs help’
One user called Biden's comment 'casual, old school, anti-Irish stereotyping'

By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

President Joe Biden’s critics on Twitter blasted him for a couple of awkward ethnic-related comments he made during a recent U.S. veterans town hall address in Delaware.

During the Friday speech, Biden claimed that despite him being Irish, "he’s not stupid" and insisted he’s got "a little Italian" in him because his wife’s family is Italian. Though many internet users panned the comments as being in poor taste. 

He joked, "I may be Irish, but I'm not stupid. I married Dominic Giacoppa’s daughter so, you know, I got a little Italian in me now." 

A clip of the statement went viral on Twitter, and several prominent users weighed in, suggesting the president was repeating anti-Irish sentiment, and on top of that, getting his wife’s genealogy wrong. 

https://twitter.com/MaryMargOlohan/status/1603825937472159749

Daily Signal senior reporter Mary Margaret Olohan quipped that Biden’s dig at Irish folks was a "hate crime." 

Conservative digital strategist Greg Price, who shared the clip on Twitter, informed users on what was behind Biden’s latest embellishment. He tweeted, "Jill Biden's father's name is Donald Jacobs," adding, "Giacoppa is apparently the Italianized version of Jill Biden's maiden name lol."

According to a CNN report, First Lady Jill Biden – whose maiden name is Jacobs – does have Italian roots, though her great-grandfather was the last of her family to have the name Giacoppa prior to coming to the United States. 

Steve Guest, special advisor for communications for Sen. Ted Cruz, replied, "FACT CHECK: Giacoppa was actually Jill Biden's grandfather, not her father."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roasted-busting-old-school-anti-irish-slur-claiming-hes-italian-needs-help

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Really... does anyone still pay attention to what ol' white joe says...?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Waiting for his incompetent press secretary to blame it on Joes stutter, er, he was was misquoted, er misinterpreted what Joe said... or more likely the classic we aren't going to comment on some made up issue.

Offline berdie

If someone told Joey they were from Venus he would say he had friends there.