Author Topic: Twittergate deepens: FBI REFUSES to reveal how many social media firms it is secretly influencing -  (Read 788 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Twittergate deepens: FBI REFUSES to reveal how many social media firms it is secretly influencing - amid accusations it broke the law by pushing Twitter to remove accounts and hand over user location details, new trove reveals

Journalist Matt Taibbi posted a new trove of Twitter documents on Friday
    They show emails from FBI officials requesting bans on Twitter users
    In one email last month, the FBI asked Twitter to suspend actor Billy Baldwin
    Also listed in the ban request were satire accounts and right-wing commentary
    FBI claimed the accounts were 'disseminating false information' about elections
    The FBI is refusing to say which other social media networks they work with 

By Keith Griffith and Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:39 EST, 16 December 2022 | Updated: 02:13 EST, 17 December 2022

The FBI has refused to say how many social media companies it works with, defending their actions after it emerged that agents from the bureau regularly met with Twitter executives and handed over lists of accounts they found questionable.

Officials from the bureau even asked for Twitter to hand over the locations from where the Twitter accounts were being operated, in a disturbing move that many saw as an attack on the First Amendment.

One user targeted by the FBI, who goes by @Lexitollah, said: 'Seems like prima facie 1A violation.'

Charlie Hurt, the opinion editor of The Washington Examiner, said it was 'a clear violation of the First Amendment.' 

He told Tucker Carlson: 'They were actually opening up new back channels on platforms I've not heard of before, in order to keep in touch with one another.

'If this was happening during the Pentagon Papers, and we were seeing this level of collusion between the federal government and news, there would rightly be an outcry.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11547647/Twitter-files-FBI-sought-ban-actor-Billy-Baldwin-satire-accounts.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They need to quit calling themselves the FBI and make the name change to Gestapo already.

They are not fooling anyone.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They need to quit calling themselves the FBI and make the name change to Gestapo already.

They are not fooling anyone.....

Brownshirts. They work only for the Communist (AKA Democrat) party.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Since when has it been the FBI’s job to control “misinformation?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
None Dare Call It Treason.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Didn't Edward Snowden mention this stuff was happening years ago? What, in any of this, is news?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline berdie

Since when has it been the FBI’s job to control “misinformation?”

That is what I want to know. There is, or should be, a certain amount responsibility for the reader to research the information.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien