Author Topic: German Green Energy fantasies are bleeding cash and failing fast  (Read 301 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
German Green Energy fantasies are bleeding cash and failing fast
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:42:26 pm »

German Green Energy fantasies are bleeding cash and failing fast

BEEGE WELBORN 2:41 PM on December 16, 2022

(AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
The news on German energy never gets any better. It seems as if they lurch from miserable New Age renewable schemes to desperately throwing cash at the flaming remnants trying to mitigate the fallout, then lather, rinse repeat. In the meantime, for all the promises of greener pastures, the wind doesn’t blow, winter is cold, the Russians start a war – the Germans can’t manipulate a thing to fall their way.

Wind was supposed to be the savior for the country’s transition to renewables, scheduled to be completed by 2045. That’s not humming along like they’d game-planned it. Last year and this past summer, in fact, the wind itself turned downright hostile to producing anything, and flat-out refused to blow. During the European winter, repeated large-scale high-pressure systems combined with wide-scale low-cloud coverage routinely produce something called the dreaded cold “dunkelflaute” or “anti-cyclonic gloom” (they’re both great terms).

In the coming decades, the European energy system is expected to become increasingly reliant on non-dispatchable generation such as wind and solar power. Under such a renewable energy scenario, a better characterization of the extreme weather condition ‘Dunkelflaute’, which can lead to a sustained reduction of wind and solar power, is important.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2022/12/16/german-green-energy-fantasies-are-bleeding-cash-and-failing-fast-n518296
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: German Green Energy fantasies are bleeding cash and failing fast
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 01:09:02 am »
 :rolling: :2popcorn:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 01:31:34 am »
Now, if only others can open their eyes and learn from this.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with hard core Leftist religious zealots here, and their predictable response has never been to back down, but to double down.

Obviously, like all repeatedly failed Leftist policies, these were just not done hard enough, or by the 'right' people.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 03:42:56 pm »
They are setup to fail, dangled out there like a carrot so the Global Reset crowd can mothball all coal, nuke, and, and natgas plants.

Which then are replaced with nothing.
The Republic is lost.