Author Topic: Gates, Bezos Invest in Australian-Designed Brain Implant  (Read 691 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gates, Bezos Invest in Australian-Designed Brain Implant
« on: December 16, 2022, 08:10:39 pm »
Epoch Health by Daniel Y. Teng 12/16/2022

Billionaires Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are betting on the New York-based Synchron as the answer to Elon Musk’s Neuralink.

Founded by Australian professors Tom Oxley and Nick Opie, the company on Dec. 16 announced it had closed a $110 million Series C funding round involving Bezos Expeditions, Gates Frontier, and ARCH Venture Partners.

The Synchron Switch is a “brain-computer interface” that is implanted in the blood vessels at the surface of the motor cortex of the brain via the jugular vein.

Once set, the interface will detect and wirelessly transmit information from the brain, allowing severely paralysed individuals to control personal devices without needing to use their hands.

The funds will be put towards a pivotal clinical trial.

More: https://www.theepochtimes.com/gates-bezos-invest-in-australian-designed-brain-implant_4927966.html

Offline berdie

Re: Gates, Bezos Invest in Australian-Designed Brain Implant
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 09:04:10 pm »
This could be a great thing or one of the most misused.  :shrug:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 10:41:55 pm »
This could be a great thing or one of the most misused.  :shrug:
Any time Gates gets involved I have a hard time believing it is for the good of mankind, unless you happen to consider depopulating the planet good for mankind.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 10:56:23 pm »
Any time Gates gets involved I have a hard time believing it is for the good of mankind, unless you happen to consider depopulating the planet good for mankind.

Even leaving Gates out of the equation, mankind has an uncanny ability to use something created for good and turn it bad.