Author Topic: Exclusive: 15 Incoming House Republicans Push Mitch McConnell to Ditch $1.7 Trillion Omnibus Bill  (Read 224 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: 15 Incoming House Republicans Push Mitch McConnell to Ditch $1.7 Trillion Omnibus Bill

Sean Moran 16 Dec 2022

Incoming House Republicans urged Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to nix plans to pass a $1.7 trillion omnibus bill and instead pass a short-term continuing resolution (CR), which would give a House Republican majority input on a longer-term spending bill, Breitbart News has learned exclusively.

“As incoming freshman Members of the House of Representatives, we urge Senate Republicans to hold the line and oppose the $1.7 trillion omnibus appropriations package for fiscal year 2023,” The House Republicans-elect wrote in a letter to McConnell and Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL), the vice chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

“We support House Republican Leadership’s push for a short-term continuing resolution into 2023, allowing the new House Republican majority, of which we are a part, an opportunity to claw back President Biden’s agenda.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/16/exclusive-15-incoming-house-republicans-push-mitch-mcconnell-to-ditch-1-7-trillion-omnibus-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What happened to the multi-trillions of dollars that have been appropriated since 2020, like the alleged "Covid Relief" funds?

Spending trillions of dollars is also inflationary, which runs contrary to current Fed Policy.

As Interest Rates rise, the cost of financing the public debt will compete with discretionary funding of appropriations.  Formerly, non-discretionary spending may be re-classified as discretionary.

A bankrupt US Treasury is a great reason to end Social Security, Medicare, and other "entitlement" programs as part of an austerity plan.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

A bankrupt US Treasury is a great reason to end Social Security, Medicare, and other "entitlement" programs as part of an austerity plan.

888mouth
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.