Author Topic: Donald Trump Trading Cards Sell Out as NFTs Worth Over $500k  (Read 1415 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Donald Trump Trading Cards Sell Out as NFTs Worth Over $500k
« on: December 16, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-nft-trading-cards-major-announcement-1767598

onald Trump's collection of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) has sold out in a matter of hours, with the "digital trading cards" now worth more than $500,000.

The former president was widely mocked for announcing he would be making a "major announcement" on Thursday, which was later revealed to be an NFT collection portraying him in guises such as a superhero, cowboy and astronaut, which could be bought for $99.

Despite this, the entire collection of 45,000 NFTs featuring Trump has been minted in around 12 hours, according to OpenSea data, with nearly 14,000 people purchasing one or more of the online tokens.

As of early Friday morning, the total Trump NFT collection currently has a value of around 460 Ethereum ($570,000).

Excerpt.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

Re: Donald Trump Trading Cards Sell Out as NFTs Worth Over $500k
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 01:55:03 pm »
There're either a lot of suckers or speculators or scalpers out there, it seems.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 02:01:30 pm »
Trading cards in the guise of Crypto.

Remember the 1990's baseball card price collapse?  Most modern cards dropped 95% in value to those suckers who were stupid enough to buy into the hype.

Fast Forward to Trump's silly trading card event. 

Now add a Crypto angle to it?

Nothing could go wrong with that.   :cool:   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 03:39:50 pm »
Trump was envious of Crypto-Bro's billion dollar swindle, and wanted in on the action.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 03:44:08 pm »
I couldn't agree more!

‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’: Steve Bannon Ridicules Trump’s NFT Announcement, Says Those Involved ‘Oughta Be Fired Today’
By Michael LucianoDec 15th, 2022, 6:37 pm

Steve Bannon is not taking kindly to former President Donald Trump’s self-described “major announcement” that he’s now selling non-fungible tokens.

Trump teased the move on his Truth Social platform on Wednesday, saying in a video, “America needs a superhero.” The video shows an image of Trump wearing a superhero outfit underneath his suit and fire shooting out of his eyes.

On Thursday, Trump revealed his NFT collection, which drew widespread mockery and criticism – even from conservatives.

“Teasing NFT cards as a major announcement is not the kind of fight people want to see now,” one tweeted. “These are dark times. Love the guy but this turns many off.”

Later in the day Bannon – a former White House adviser to Trump – panned the development on his show War Room on the Right Side Broadcasting Network.

“I can’t do this anymore,” he said. “He’s one of the greatest presidents in history, but I gotta tell you: whoever–what business partner and anybody on the comms team and anybody at Mar-a-Lago – and I love the folks down there – but we’re at war. They oughta be fired today.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/i-cant-do-this-anymore-steve-bannon-ridicules-trumps-nft-announcement-says-those-involved-oughta-be-fired-today/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 03:45:32 pm »
I couldn't agree more!

‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’: Steve Bannon Ridicules Trump’s NFT Announcement, Says Those Involved ‘Oughta Be Fired Today’
By Michael LucianoDec 15th, 2022, 6:37 pm

Steve Bannon is not taking kindly to former President Donald Trump’s self-described “major announcement” that he’s now selling non-fungible tokens.

Trump teased the move on his Truth Social platform on Wednesday, saying in a video, “America needs a superhero.” The video shows an image of Trump wearing a superhero outfit underneath his suit and fire shooting out of his eyes.

On Thursday, Trump revealed his NFT collection, which drew widespread mockery and criticism – even from conservatives.

“Teasing NFT cards as a major announcement is not the kind of fight people want to see now,” one tweeted. “These are dark times. Love the guy but this turns many off.”

Later in the day Bannon – a former White House adviser to Trump – panned the development on his show War Room on the Right Side Broadcasting Network.

“I can’t do this anymore,” he said. “He’s one of the greatest presidents in history, but I gotta tell you: whoever–what business partner and anybody on the comms team and anybody at Mar-a-Lago – and I love the folks down there – but we’re at war. They oughta be fired today.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/i-cant-do-this-anymore-steve-bannon-ridicules-trumps-nft-announcement-says-those-involved-oughta-be-fired-today/

I've noticed our resident Trump supporters have been pretty quiet on this matter.... 

I reinterate,,,,,  Is this the Shark Jumping event for Mr Trump?

:silly:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:46:44 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 03:51:37 pm »
I've noticed our resident Trump supporters have been pretty quiet on this matter.... 

Sorry... I can't help... I would say he jumped the shark LONG before he ever rode the escalator... Somewhere between the WWE stuff and the 'You're Fired' shtick.  :shrug:

That anyone ever took him seriously is an amazement to me.  :whistle:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 03:56:58 pm »
Why is Trump still scamming his followers?  Haven't they suffered enough?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »
Sorry... I can't help... I would say he jumped the shark LONG before he ever rode the escalator... Somewhere between the WWE stuff and the 'You're Fired' shtick.  :shrug:

Man was POTUS 45....   Win lose, or draw, you can't take that fact away from him or discount that.

But the same guy who was POTUS is now hawking Crypto based super hero cards?  That is beyond bizarre, and honestly pretty sad.

So much for leaving with the same dignity as Reagan.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 04:01:27 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 04:00:20 pm »

I am guessing that he isn't worth quite as much as he is letting on.  Again, that's just a guess.

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 04:04:44 pm »
I was hoping this was a joke and not for real. **nononono*

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2022, 04:18:16 pm »
Man was POTUS 45....   Win lose, or draw, you can't take that fact away from him or discount that.

Well, alright I guess... But you could say the very same for Jimmah Carter and Uncle Joe Bidet... So the discount is kinda built in.  :shrug:

But the same guy who was POTUS is now hawking Crypto based super hero cards?  That is beyond bizarre, and honestly pretty sad.

So much for leaving with the same dignity as Reagan.

yeah... but totally predictable, all the same. Is anyone really surprised?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2022, 04:21:31 pm »

At least B.T. Barnham provided a public service with entrainment value to people despite being a world famous self-promotion.   Trump is just the worlds biggest grifter and should be in prison and bared from ever holding any office for the rest of his life.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2022, 04:22:10 pm »

They're trying to spin it as some sort of "head fake," and that his REAL announcement was Trump's campaign platform video released a few hours later after the backlash embarrassed him.

Nobody's buying that though.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2022, 04:37:12 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 04:47:35 pm »

I took him very seriously. The guy accomplished great things despite his many flaws. We now have a conservative majority court for the first time since FDR (I believe). And the establishment very much still views him as a threat. And he did all this in perhaps the most hostile media environment ever.

But any and all bad things you might wanna say about the guy are probably true as well so it's sort of a tragedy.

One day, when anyone who ever had an opinion on Trump is dead and buried they will make a true objective movie on the man and he will be recognized as a misunderstood but flawed genius IMO.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 04:58:12 pm »

How sweet of you to worry about this.  But, could your concern be a bit premature?

People have learned how dangerous it is to show support for Trump. Once leftists have the federally required list of campaign donors, they dox them. That is, they try to shame individuals, get them fired, or force social isolation upon them. If a business has donated, activists urge people to boycott the business. This effectively dissuades people from exercising their First Amendment right to political speech via campaign donations.

By selling a product, Trump can get money without publicly revealing donors. Even though there are limits on how NFTs can be created and marketed, selling them is still easier than trying to raise campaign funds by moving mugs, t-shirts, and bumper stickers.

Some will point out that the NFT’s FAQs state explicitly that the monies received from the trading cards are not going to Trump or any campaign entity:

NO.  These Digital Trading Cards are not political and have nothing to do with any political campaign. NFT INT LLC is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Digital LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates. NFT INT LLC uses Donald J. Trump's name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Digital LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

There is nothing to stop NFT INT LLC from donating a substantial portion of the money it makes to… Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/12/is_there_a_brilliant_ulterior_motive_behind_trumps_baseball_card_fundraiser.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 05:19:06 pm »

Or, my theroy ---- and it's just a theory ---- is Trump supporters may find the incessant spewing and whining from anti-Trumps to be mind numbingly predictable and boring.

Well, I suppose this is as good an explanation for the cards selling out in less than 12 hours as you've got.  88devil

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 05:23:18 pm »
Or, my theroy ---- and it's just a theory ---- is Trump supporters may find the incessant spewing and whining from anti-Trumps to be mind numbingly predictable and boring.

Well, I suppose this is as good an explanation for the cards selling out in less than 12 hours as you've got.  88devil

With a crypto-base?  I hope Trump supporters are smarter than that.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2022, 05:28:42 pm »

I'll keep the shark, you can have your rino...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2022, 05:53:03 pm »

How many did you buy there RiV?

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2022, 06:42:45 pm »
While I definitely don't agree with Trump's latest rants and antics, I still defend him as one of the greatest Presidents this country has seen.  Energy independence, renegotiated NAFTA, lowest unemployment in the history of this country including Blacks and Hispanics, Fair trade in lieu of free trade, respect around the globe, our borders were pretty secure, etc.  It is a stark contrast to the direction that Joe and the marxist have us heading.  So, go ahead and throw darts at this man, I'll take Trump over Joe any day.

This country is in trouble.  I do agree it is time for Trump to pass along the baton as I think the b.s. from the leftists and him watching this country take a nosedive after he had us above water is getting to him and him getting up in years is a concern.

Pray for a miracle, because we are imploding from within and on top of that millions are invading our country.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 06:44:23 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2022, 08:46:17 pm »

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-nft-trading-cards-major-announcement-1767598

onald Trump's collection of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) has sold out in a matter of hours, with the "digital trading cards" now worth more than $500,000.

The former president was widely mocked for announcing he would be making a "major announcement" on Thursday, which was later revealed to be an NFT collection portraying him in guises such as a superhero, cowboy and astronaut, which could be bought for $99.

Despite this, the entire collection of 45,000 NFTs featuring Trump has been minted in around 12 hours, according to OpenSea data, with nearly 14,000 people purchasing one or more of the online tokens.

As of early Friday morning, the total Trump NFT collection currently has a value of around 460 Ethereum ($570,000).

Excerpt.

Running the economics of the  math, $570,000 market cap divided by 15,000 units (3 coins per minted set- 45,000 NFTs) means those late to the game and stupid enough to buy..... paid as much almost $40,000 per set. 

I thought hard core Trump supporters were smarter than that. 

Considering the late breaking story of the biggest crypto scandal in crypto's short history, I'd say Trump's timing was immpecable.  /s  :silly:

Offline berdie

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2022, 10:32:49 pm »
How sweet of you to worry about this.  But, could your concern be a bit premature?

There is nothing to stop NFT INT LLC from donating a substantial portion of the money it makes to… Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/12/is_there_a_brilliant_ulterior_motive_behind_trumps_baseball_card_fundraiser.html

That's a nice explanation of malarkey.

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2022, 10:41:34 pm »

It might be, it's about as dumb as dumb can be. Trump for all his great qualities and insight has a flaw in allowing people with questionable judgement and skill to gain his support. While Trump is selling NFT's DeSantis is seeking a Grand Jury to investigate the Wuhan Virus vaccines. It's not to hard to see which action is more Presidential.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 10:42:25 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home