Author Topic: Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:54:43 pm »
Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable

The terms sustainable and renewable are often thrown around in discussions among environmentalists and industry experts. They are often used in the context of some sort of primary energy, often interchangeably. Although there is some overlap between the two because we can argue that many sustainable energy sources are also renewable, both the terms have very different meanings. It’s often said that renewable energy can have a transformative impact on the world, but the question is how sustainable is it? Let’s take a close look at the key differences between the two.

Renewable
Renewable means anything that can be replaced or has an endless supply. Renewable energy is energy that is derived from sources that are able to replenish themselves over time whether it’s power derived from air, water, biomass, solar, nuclear reactions, etc. It is energy derived from natural sources that are naturally replenishing on a human timescale. There are various types of energy sources that are renewable such as wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass. The most popular renewable energy source is solar energy, which is derived from capturing radiant energy from sunlight and converting it into heat, electricity, or hot water. Hydropower is yet another widely used renewable power source which accounts for over 18 percent of the world’s total power generation.

Read more: Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-sustainable-and-renewable/#ixzz7nYRqBOQc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:37:52 pm »
Nonsensical wordplay.
There is only ONE nation in the world today that is currently classified as "sustainable."
That is.... Cuba.

Is that how the Anointed Greenies want to live, in poverty and squalor?
You can be sure it is not.   They talk smack but you don't see any of them moving to Cuba.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Difference Between Sustainable and Renewable
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 04:50:15 pm »
I hate these and all the terms that woke Marxism has tainted and stained.
The Republic is lost.