Author Topic: Isn’t Drafting Women an Imperative of Equality?  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn’t Drafting Women an Imperative of Equality?
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:32:43 pm »
December 15, 2022
By Selwyn Duke

While I used to quip before the Millennium’s turn that “I’m a real man of the ’90s — the 1890s,” the truth is that I’m more like Mayberry Meets the Middle Ages.

It’s not so much that I hate new ideas (insofar as such things exist) or love old ideas, but that I yearn for eternal ideas. I thus very well could turn back the clock to the days of chivalry, when virtue was exalted and “values” (the term) unknown, faith was fact and “atheism” (the term) unheard, and “equality” was applied only to weights and measures. But while I could, I can’t. This brings me to the matter of women and the draft.

At a gathering a couple of years ago, a young man, about age 20, registered surprise when I told him women didn’t have to sign up for Selective Service. His reaction was no surprise: Marinated in Equality Dogma growing up, he probably couldn’t imagine that the greatest sacrifice one could be required to make — to possibly have to shed blood for his country — is demanded of only one sex.

This could possibly change, as there has been a recent effort to require draft registration of women as well. Conservatives have generally opposed this, unsurprisingly, with the very good Congressman Chip Roy (R-Tex.) becoming especially incensed at the notion. My Medieval self sympathizes, too; I very much believe that shedding blood, whether your own or others,’ is man’s work.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/12/isnt_drafting_women_an_imperative_of_equality.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Isn’t Drafting Women an Imperative of Equality?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 03:44:30 pm »
Absolutely.  As a male, I had to register with the Selective Service when I turned 18.  It just happened to be right before the 1st Gulf War in the early 1990s.

Women get drafted and serve in the Israeli military.

Equality means putting up with the crap as well as getting the benefits.

If women want equality, they can kill spiders and take out the trash themselves.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 04:23:59 pm »
December 15, 2022
By Selwyn Duke

While I used to quip before the Millennium’s turn that “I’m a real man of the ’90s — the 1890s,” the truth is that I’m more like Mayberry Meets the Middle Ages.

It’s not so much that I hate new ideas (insofar as such things exist) or love old ideas, but that I yearn for eternal ideas. I thus very well could turn back the clock to the days of chivalry, when virtue was exalted and “values” (the term) unknown, faith was fact and “atheism” (the term) unheard, and “equality” was applied only to weights and measures. But while I could, I can’t. This brings me to the matter of women and the draft.

At a gathering a couple of years ago, a young man, about age 20, registered surprise when I told him women didn’t have to sign up for Selective Service. His reaction was no surprise: Marinated in Equality Dogma growing up, he probably couldn’t imagine that the greatest sacrifice one could be required to make — to possibly have to shed blood for his country — is demanded of only one sex.

This could possibly change, as there has been a recent effort to require draft registration of women as well. Conservatives have generally opposed this, unsurprisingly, with the very good Congressman Chip Roy (R-Tex.) becoming especially incensed at the notion. My Medieval self sympathizes, too; I very much believe that shedding blood, whether your own or others,’ is man’s work.

But there’s a problem with this: Equality™...

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/12/isnt_drafting_women_an_imperative_of_equality.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 05:21:17 pm »
Yeah,and it is pretty much the reason the right was opposed to it.

Yeah,some women could do SOME jobs as well,and maybe even better than some men,but not combat arms jobs because they are both too physically weak and valuable to society to lose.

After all,although it may have slipped past some,females are the only ones that can give birth to new generations,and it generally takes 9 months from start to finish for this to happen.

The male partner,on the other hand,is only needed for a few minutes in some instances.

How clever do you have to be to figure THIS out??????

This really isn't and never WAS about "gender equality". It was about keeping cowardly and/or wealthy males from being drafted.

They just used women as a "tool" to use to gain freedom from the possibility of being drafted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 05:36:35 pm »
Don't men deserve reparations for having to carry the burden of military service based solely on gender?  It's been a form of slavery by the government.  Where are the liberals demanding compensation for we who served in the military slavery? 000hehehehe
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 05:37:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 05:38:48 pm »
I guarantee y'all... this bull crap stops stone dead, 15 feet into the deep forest.