Author Topic: ‘We’re not asking’: Activist demands every black Californian get $350k in reparations since ‘we work  (Read 822 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘We’re not asking’: Activist demands every black Californian get $350k in reparations since ‘we worked for free’
December 15, 2022 | Vivek Saxena

A reparations task force convened by California Gov. Gavin Newsom conducted its first public hearing on Wednesday in Oakland, and it was a doozy.

During the hearing, several local black residents spoke up about why they believe every black Californian is owed piles of taxpayer-funded cash.

Take Max Fennell. A 35-year-old coffee company owner, he called for every black Californian to receive $350,000 in reparations, in addition to another $250,000 if they own a business, as reported by the Associated Press.

That comes out to $600,000 total per black business owner.

“It’s a debt that’s owed. We worked for free. We’re not asking. We’re telling you,” Fennell reportedly said in his own words.

“The tangibles of what I’m asking for is $350,000 per black American in California that’s tangible, small business grant $250,000 and land 15-20 acres,” he added.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/12/15/were-not-asking-activist-demands-every-black-californian-get-350k-in-reparations-since-we-worked-for-free-1317212/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

That's fine. All they need to do is show documentation proving their personal status as slaves (oops, "enslaved people"), c. 1619-1863, and the money is theirs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No, your ancestors worked for free.  You are exploiting their plight to get free money for yourselves.

Reparations are a selfish cash grab by shuckster, unelected "community leaders".

If they get the $350K each, can we White-Out slavery from the history books, end affirmative action, end minority set asides for Government procurement, and remove "Black" or "African American" from application forms?

You pay prostitutes to go away.  I'd expect the same from Reparations - we'd be able to expunge slavery from the history books and pretend it never happened.  Otherwise, what am I paying for?  Who doesn't want a free $350K payment?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This pretty much explains why most blacks are Dims.

They always want something for nothing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know this will be politically incorrect, and I'm being semi-sarcastic even though I believe these people have been convinced they are due compensation, but can we at least deduct the costs of food, housing, clothing, and medical care (plus the uncompensated purchase price) of their ancestors, with compound interest, from the 'reparations'? (Not to mention any such provisions since the "Great Society" was signed into being.)

No one living in the US their entire life was born a slave. No one living has legally 'owned' anyone. So provide the name of the place where they personally entered into involuntary servitude, the nature of the work personally done there, Who supervised that work, and the duration and scope of the work done and maybe it will be considered. I doubt that those demanding this  compensation would know a cotton boll from a toilet bowl.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

If they're  "not asking," that implies they'll take it by force. I don't know about California,  but that's not a good idea where I come from.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hmmm....
From 223,000 to 350,000 already.

And the Boston City Council has just jumped onto the rep-a-ra-shun bandwagon too, so it's been reported.

FEARLESS Fishrrman prediction:
This is gonna spread amongst blacks like wildfire.
A national movement in the making.
What better time to reach for this gold ring?
After all, they gotz the white people on the run, the timing couldn't be better!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 15, 2022 7:03pm EST
California advances goal of reparations for Black residents: Activist calls for $350,000 per person
Current state task force estimate is $223,000 for each Black Californian who qualifies

By Scott Whitlock | Fox News

Efforts in California to advance Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom's Reparations Task Force continued this week with one activist calling for $350,000 to be given to every eligible Black person in the state. Meanwhile, New York City Mayor Eric Adams endorsed the California effort and one in his state to give reparations out to both individuals and businesses. 

The move in California comes after a first-in-the nation taskforce released a 500-page report back in June on incidents of "segregation, racial terror, harmful racist neglect." Now the same taskforce will begin to decide how much each Black resident might be receiving. 

As noted by The Guardian, the subjects being considered for monetary relief include "government taking of property, devaluation of Black-owned businesses, housing discrimination and homelessness, mass incarceration and over-policing, and health."

In 2020, Newsom signed legislation to create the task force and look into reparations. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-advances-goal-reparations-black-residents-activist-calls-350000-per-person
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If they're  "not asking," that implies they'll take it by force. I don't know about California,  but that's not a good idea where I come from.
Well I'm in California and what little I have left after the Bama/Brandon first tour is not for the taking by anyone without a fight. And that's not even addressing the fact that that no a single ancestor of mine hit the American shore until after 1950. So no way am I paying for some entitled leach who never was impacted by slavery...other than to be alive only because an ancestor was killed by an animal or disease in their beloved Africa. But I think it would be money well spent if they were to give up their American citizenship and return to Africa for the rest of their lives :pondering:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:01:32 am by GtHawk »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Hmm ... Do you think that all the blacks who agree will be moving to California?? :whistle: :pondering: