Author Topic: Rand Paul: GOP Emasculated’ by Budget Deal – A ‘Lie’ Republicans Fiscally Conservative  (Read 520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: GOP Emasculated’ by Budget Deal – A ‘Lie’ Republicans Fiscally Conservative

Pam Key 14 Dec 2022

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) said Wednesday on Fox Business Network’s “Kudlow” that Republicans had “emasculated” themselves by agreeing to the framework for an omnibus spending bill to fund the government through 2023.

Paul said, “This brings upon us the lie that Republicans really are fiscally conservative. The Democrats aren’t. They will not pretend to be fiscally conservative. Not one of them up here gives a darn about the debt. The Republicans all profess to be, but when you make them vote on the PAYGO resolution, pay as you go, that we can’t have new spending without offsetting it, they always vote to exempt it. So the omnibus will be 3,000 pages. We’ll get it two hours before they want to pass it. No one will read it. But hidden in the 3,000 pages will be we’re going to wave PAYGO.”

He added, “It would take 41 votes. Forty-one votes would stop the big spending. If 41, one of us said no and held our ground until there was a compromise, we could force Democrats to reduce spending. We have completely and totally abdicated the power of the purse. Republicans are emasculated. They have no power, and they are unwilling to gain that power back.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/14/rand-paul-gop-emasculated-by-budget-deal-a-lie-republicans-fiscally-conservative/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

As a fiscal conservative, I've observed that the GOP abandoned fiscal conservatism and limited Government when Bush 43 was President.  That's why the Tea Party emerged 2008-2010.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
New boss same same old boss!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
New boss same same old boss!
New boss, old boss, SOSDD! Mitch the Bitch and the surrender monkey RINOs strike again.

Offline EdinVA

Republicans are emasculated. They have no power, and they are unwilling to gain that power back.”

:bingo:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade Briefers...

For all of you who repeatedly clamor for a return to "fiscal conservatism" by Republicans in Congress, I'd like to introduce these guys:

Be sure to watch it again and again.
Because that's as much Congressional "fiscal responsibility" as you're gonna see for the rest of your years...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Full interview

Rand Paul: "Yesterday I joined #Kudlow on @FoxBusiness to explain my opposition to the omnibus spending bill. Republicans have completely abdicated the power of the purse!"  (Video)

https://youtu.be/sTEFG8q7xnU

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 04:29:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

New boss, old boss, SOSDD! Mitch the Bitch and the surrender monkey RINOs strike again.

Can we finally ditch the term 'RINO'?  RINOs are today's Republican Party.  Rand Paul is now the real Republican in Name Only.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-