Author Topic: Demand for electric cars in the UK plummets due to surging price of electricity  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Demand for electric cars in the UK plummets due to surging price of electricity
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 by: Arsenio Toledo

This article may contain statements that reflect the opinion of the author

(Natural News) Demand for electric vehicles (EVs) in the United Kingdom has dropped for the first time since 2020 as soaring electricity costs make the vehicles far too costly to operate.

British automobile sales website Auto Trader noted that EVs accounted for less than a fifth (19 percent) of new car inquiries sent to car dealers through its online marketplace in November. This is down from 27 percent of new car inquiries in June. (Related: Volkswagen reconsidering plans to build new EV battery plants in Europe due to soaring energy costs.)

Stock levels of used EVs in the U.K. has nearly doubled from about 10,600 at the beginning of 2021 to 20,600 at the end of the third quarter of 2022.

Auto Trader further reported that the number of online searches and advert views for used cars has fallen by 12.6 percent in the past 12 months. This is the first time year-over-year interest in electric vehicles has declined since April 2020, when economic restrictions imposed by the global Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdowns hampered economic activities.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-12-14-demand-electric-cars-uk-plummets-electricity-price.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How much will electricity cost in Mejifornia by the time people HAVE TO BUY EVs?  And who is going to pay for those expensive rascals for illegals? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Government will double down on Electric Vehicles by providing subsidies and tax breaks to offset cost of electricity.  The Government is determined to fail at all costs.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.