Author Topic: Melting ice brings Chinese threat closer, warns Armed Forces chief  (Read 242 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Melting ice brings Chinese threat closer, warns Armed Forces chief
DECEMBER 15, 2022
tags: Arctic
By Paul Homewood

Melting ice caps will enable China’s military forces to “reach into the Atlantic”, the Chief of the Defence Staff has warned.

At an address on Wednesday, Admiral Sir Tony Radakin urged people to consider what effect climate change would have on the security of the nation.

In his annual Royal United Services Institute address, Sir Tony said: “We also need to consider the melting of the ice caps in the coming decades, which will: unleash a difficult new competition for minerals and resources; halve the time it takes for shipping to travel between Asia and Europe; and surely China’s military forces will start to reach into the Atlantic?”

The High North becoming more open and accessible due to melting ice caps has been worrying military figures for some time.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2022/12/15/melting-ice-brings-chinese-threat-closer-warns-armed-forces-chief/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Melting ice brings Chinese threat closer, warns Armed Forces chief
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 02:24:45 pm »
He's worried about sea level rise, so it's surprising the Chinese aren't worried about their man-made islands in the South China Sea being washed away! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 02:42:43 pm »
Who says the Chi-coms aren't already in the Atlantic?

The Chi-coms have been building infrastructure on Caribbean islands like Dominica and Barbados.  They must want something in return, maybe a secret submarine base in America's back yard?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 02:51:55 pm »
We need a Climate Lockdown Now to stop this threat.  It is our only hope.