Author Topic: How the Climate Crisis Affects Reproductive Rights  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How the Climate Crisis Affects Reproductive Rights
« on: December 15, 2022, 02:11:17 pm »
How the Climate Crisis Affects Reproductive Rights

This reproductive health crisis, brought about by climate change, can look very different in different regions of the world.

skye wheeler
December 9, 2022
Share:

Around the world, the climate crisis is worsening the inequities surrounding who gets to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Esther McCant, who works as a doula in the US state of Florida, knows that pregnant people need more than a birth plan. They also need information to plan for heat waves, especially for families that can’t afford running their air conditioning, and for  extreme weather events such as hurricanes, storms, and floods, that are increasingly likely due to climate change.

So McCant, a mother of four and a Black maternal health activist, includes climate health education and activism in her already overpacked agenda for doula trainees since she knows that the most marginalized people are most affected by a changing climate.

https://womensenews.org/2022/12/how-the-climate-crisis-affects-reproductive-rights/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How the Climate Crisis Affects Reproductive Rights
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 02:15:38 pm »
Bullets, bombs, and missiles can affect the "reproductive rights" of women when they, or parts of them, enter the bodies of women in the military, too.  Apparently, that isn't a problem for female green freaks, though. 333cleo
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 02:37:01 pm »
They also need information to plan for heat waves, especially for families that can’t afford running their air conditioning, and for  extreme weather events such as hurricanes, storms, and floods, that are increasingly likely due to climate change.

Nonsense. A mere two generations ago, nobody had any air conditioning, and folks got along just fine. What a weak bunch of ninnys we've become.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 02:47:16 pm »
Like Warren Zevon said, "Send them lawyers, guns, and money."

Does Climate Change also cause constipation and bad breath?

Enough with linking every human challenge of living to Global Climate Change.

If people can't afford air conditioning its because the Dems shutdown all the nuclear, coal, and natural gas powerplants to FORCE us to use power from less productive, less reliable, MORE EXPENSIVE renewable sources.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:02:33 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright