Author Topic: Nature Mag Jumps the Shark with New Paper. Pure Communism Disguised as Economics.  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Nature Mag Jumps the Shark with New Paper. Pure Communism Disguised as Economics.

22 hours ago Charles Rotter 84 Comments
Featured image: The idiom “jumping the shark” was coined in 1985 by Jon Hein in response to a 1977 episode from the fifth season of the American sitcom Happy Days, in which Fonzie (Henry Winkler) jumps over a shark while on water-skis. The phrase is pejorative and is used to argue that a creative work or outlet appears to be making a stunt in a seemingly exhaustive attempt to generate elevated attention or publicity to something that was once perceived as popular, but is no longer.

As the pushback against ESG grows louder, this tone deaf and economically illiterate article pushing pure communism central economic control appears in Nature, with the title and tagline:

Degrowth can work — here’s how science can help
Wealthy countries can create prosperity while using less materials and energy if they abandon economic growth as an objective.

This article appears just as the pushback against ESG is gaining traction, with multiple US states divesting from ESG and ESG fund managers under investigation for breach of fiduciary duty.

Here are three articles we’ve published within the last week about the negative aspects of ESG.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/14/nature-jumps-the-shark-degrowth-can-work-heres-how-science-can-help/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson