Author Topic: Canada prepares to expand assisted death amid debate  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Canada prepares to expand assisted death amid debate
« on: December 14, 2022, 04:00:44 pm »
TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada is preparing to expand its medically assisted death framework to become one of the broadest in the world, a change some want to delay due to concerns vulnerable people have easier access to death than to a life without suffering.

Starting in March, people whose sole underlying condition is mental illness will be able to access assisted death. Mental illness was excluded when the most recent medical assistance in dying (MAiD) law was passed in 2021.

That will make Canada one of six countries in the world where a person suffering from mental illness alone who is not near their natural death can get a doctor to help them die.

https://news.yahoo.com/canada-prepares-expand-assisted-death-140333315.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online rustynail

Re: Canada prepares to expand assisted death amid debate
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 04:03:16 pm »
Canada should expand the service to areas and towns.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 02:10:45 pm »
Starting in March, people whose sole underlying condition is mental illness will be able to access assisted death. Mental illness was excluded when the most recent medical assistance in dying (MAiD) law was passed in 2021.

Hasn't Canada for a long time been proud of the fact that
they don't have capital punishment?
They even refuse to extradite suspects found in Canada
who are wanted for capital offenses in other countries.
But now people in Canada can be killed for being "troubled."

And, mental illness pretty much means that
the patient is not competent to make major decisions,
you know, like life or death.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 02:19:25 pm »
This is single payer health care.  The payer (government) wants to reduce its financial burden.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 02:53:34 am »
I long time ago came to the opinion if the whole of Canada decided to check out early, it would NOT be a loss to humanity.

After my last experience landing in Halifax Airport, I came away thinking there was not a dumber group of humanity to ever exist. 

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 03:26:52 am »
This is single payer health care.  The payer (government) wants to reduce its financial burden.

Yep!!

And for those that want to same here, keep in mind that Canada has a much smaller population to cover
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 03:49:45 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 07:33:50 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Why is Canada advertising assisted suicide in the form of cutesy children’s aesthetics?

https://twitter.com/VirtualHospice/status/1551945721196285952
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 07:44:33 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Why is Canada advertising assisted suicide in the form of cutesy children’s aesthetics?

Saw a movie about this a while back:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 02:41:42 am »
I have some relatives who want the Canadian style system here.

They are blissfully unaware how it operates
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 06:16:05 am »
What? The jabs aren't working fast enough?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 03:05:52 pm »
Soylent Green.  I remember seeing this movie for the first time and thinking, this will never happen.  How short sighted was I? Extremely!

So, how far off is Terminator?  If Bill Gates wants humanity eliminated, he just needs to develop the equipment to go forth and mow down humanity as pictured in Terminator.  Sadly, I see this day coming too.  Does Skynet exist already?  Might give a clue how much longer we have before being mowed down.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 12:48:31 pm »

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2023, 09:04:45 pm »
Oh, I see. Canada needs to kill off all these people to get at their organs. Ah, well, that makes perfect sense. Carry on.

Genspect
@genspect
CANADA does the most organ transplants from Medical Assistance In Dying (MAID) patients, according to a new intl review of this practice in Holland, Canada, Belgium & Spain. How many euthanized patients were surgically transed by Canadian "health care"? #ethics #eugenics

Story at CTV News:
Canada performing more organ transplants from MAID donors than any country in the world
    Avis Favaro
    CTV National News Medical Correspondent
Updated Jan. 18, 2023 9:36 a.m. EST
Published Jan. 17, 2023 12:28 p.m. EST

facebooktwitterreddit More share options

A growing number of patients who request medical assistance in dying are asking to donate their organs for transplant, says an international review that found that Canada is performing the most organ transplants from MAID patients among the four countries studied that offer this practice.

The report is the first-ever review of the growing use of this new practice around the world. The review was conducted in 2021 and the results were formally published in December 2022.

“We saw everyone is working in different directions. And then we said ‘OK, well, let's start an international (discussion) of all the countries involved,’” said Dr. Johannes Mulder, a physician and MAID provider in Zwolle, Netherlands, in an interview with CTV News.

Data collected for the paper shows that in Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain, combined, 286 assisted-death recipients provide lifesaving organs for transplant to 837 patients in the years up to and including 2021.  ...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 09:13:15 pm »
This fella once loved the Canadian system….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=5zFRjExsfTk&feature=emb_logo

Posting videos like that will get you banned on one site I know of.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023, 09:14:24 pm »
Oh, I see. Canada needs to kill off all these people to get at their organs. Ah, well, that makes perfect sense. Carry on.

Genspect
@genspect
CANADA does the most organ transplants from Medical Assistance In Dying (MAID) patients, according to a new intl review of this practice in Holland, Canada, Belgium & Spain. How many euthanized patients were surgically transed by Canadian "health care"? #ethics #eugenics

Story at CTV News:

That's just evil.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2023, 01:43:52 pm »
Yuan Yi Zhu
@yuanyi_z
Randy Obenauer, 74, of Kelowna, Canada, cries as he tries to clean his own catheter. His friend had requested additional care for him, but his care providers asked if he would be interested in undergoing euthanasia instead.

7:05 AM · Feb 16, 2023

Kelowna man exasperated as elderly friend struggles to receive healthcare at home (story is from June 2022).
... Campbell says that since Castanet began making inquiries on Monday, Obenauer has received increased care, but there was a time when Obenauer’s care providers were talking about signing him up for palliative care and B.C.’s medical assistance in dying program.

“They asked me if I thought Randy would consider the MAiD program and I said, well, no, he doesn’t want to die any sooner than he’s going to die. I was kind of shocked by that,” said Campbell.

Interior Health says MAiD is an option for individuals in B.C. who are approaching the end of life and who meet the eligibility criteria. A spokesperson for Interior Health says MAiD information may be provided to a client accessing palliative care services, but the decision to pursue MAiD as an option is completely up to the individual.

“The MAiD process recognizes that ending one’s life is a deeply personal decision that needs to be carefully considered and planned. Discussions are facilitated by an individual’s primary care provider – physician or nurse practitioner – not home support staff,” states the IH spokesperson. ...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 03:02:56 pm »
Marie Oakes
@TheMarieOakes
7% of all deaths in Quebec are euthanasia now
Quebec becomes the world's euthanasia hotspot, where 7% of all deaths are lethal injections, and officials expand access to Alzheimer's sufferers and force ALL hospices to offer assisted suicides

Cancer sufferer Colette Julien says assisted suicide will help her 'be at peace'
    But disability rights campaigner Steven Laperriere says it's 'dangerous'
    Canada is on track to record a staggering 13,500 euthanasia deaths in 2022
    Have you a bad experience with Canada's system? Email james.reinl@mailonline.com

By James Reinl, Social Affairs Correspondent, For Dailymail.Com and Afp
Published: 16:09 EDT, 15 June 2023 | Updated: 17:31 EDT, 15 June 2023 ...

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 05:41:42 pm »
CANADA does the most organ transplants from Medical Assistance In Dying (MAID) patients,
according to a new intl review of this practice in Holland, Canada, Belgium & Spain.
How many euthanized patients were surgically transed by Canadian "health care"?

So now, in addition to "gender transition surgery"
they're also doing "aliveness transition surgery"?
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 01:15:42 pm »
Marie Oakes
@TheMarieOakes
7% of all deaths in Quebec are euthanasia now
Quebec becomes the world's euthanasia hotspot, where 7% of all deaths are lethal injections, and officials expand access to Alzheimer's sufferers and force ALL hospices to offer assisted suicides

Cancer sufferer Colette Julien says assisted suicide will help her 'be at peace'
    But disability rights campaigner Steven Laperriere says it's 'dangerous'
    Canada is on track to record a staggering 13,500 euthanasia deaths in 2022
    Have you a bad experience with Canada's system? Email james.reinl@mailonline.com

By James Reinl, Social Affairs Correspondent, For Dailymail.Com and Afp
Published: 16:09 EDT, 15 June 2023 | Updated: 17:31 EDT, 15 June 2023 ...

:facepalm2:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2023, 04:07:06 pm »
I have no doubt the democrats would love t offer assisted death in America, more so than criminals already do. the  mental health reasons for euthanasia approved by the democrats would have 'conservative' at the top of the list.