Author Topic: EL PASO: Shelters Overwhelmed, Migrant Violence Hits Outside Bus Station  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EL PASO: Shelters Overwhelmed, Migrant Violence Hits Outside Bus Station

BOB PRICE13 Dec 2022369

As freezing weather approaches El Paso, a homeless shelter reports it is beyond capacity due to the surge in migrants being released on the city’s streets. Elsewhere in the city, two migrants were attacked and robbed outside a bus station by another migrant illegally present from Mexico.

As thousands of migrants camp out along the Rio Grande in Mexico and along the streets of El Paso, freezing conditions are expected to hit. Five homeless shelters report they are unable to accept new people as they are either at or above capacity, KVIA ABC7 in El Paso reported.

John Martin, deputy director for the Opportunity Center in El Paso told CBS4 news that two of his shelters are already severely over capacity. His organization calls for serving all homeless people regardless of country of origin.

“We’re one of the few shelters that will accept everybody, but even then when we get full, we’re full,” Martin told the local CBS affiliate. “There comes a point where we just have to say no, simply because we just don’t have the physical space to put people. We don’t want to say no.”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/12/13/el-paso-shelters-overwhelmed-migrant-violence-hits-outside-bus-station/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Re: EL PASO: Shelters Overwhelmed, Migrant Violence Hits Outside Bus Station
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 03:32:40 pm »
The 'Migrants' need to get organized and start taking what food and shelter they require for their people.