Author Topic: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000  (Read 14428 times)

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2022, 11:18:02 pm »
When it's cold, you can put on a coat and stay warm.  When it's hot, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Hot weather, I get nearly Naked (well short shorts and boots) and drink Iced Tea... Heck what the neighbors think of my near 95% tanned body... This cold has me befuddled, I put on 10 layers of clothes and start sweating (then I get cold)... The game of peeling off/putting on layers of clothes every 10 minutes is for the birds. I would never make it up north, my feet sweat too much and thus unless I rotated socks every 30 minutes I would just be bear food outside.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:21:25 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2022, 12:09:09 am »
When it gets up to 12 degrees in March, we all get pretty excited. Feels like spring.  :tongue2:

That's RIGHT!  :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2022, 01:00:54 am »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2022, 02:13:02 am »
Just went to the store to buy a 7-lb bag of ice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2022, 02:22:35 am »
Just went to the store to buy a 7-lb bag of ice.

Shoot, I've got twice that weight in icicles hanging by the front door.  :tongue2:

Online libertybele

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2022, 02:25:38 am »
I am right in the middle of all this. My Christmas plans are up in the air right now.. 9999hair out0000

Local weather forcasters won't even estimate how much snow we will get with winds expected 40-50mph making the temps feel like -20 to -30...blizzard conditions.

Yikes! Blizzard conditions are no fun!  I hope your Christmas plans still work out @mystery-ak
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2022, 02:32:30 am »
Yikes! Blizzard conditions are no fun!  I hope your Christmas plans still work out @mystery-ak

Friday is out of the question...shooting for Monday now although snow is in the forecast... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2022, 01:05:55 pm »
I am right in the middle of all this. My Christmas plans are up in the air right now.. 9999hair out0000

Local weather forcasters won't even estimate how much snow we will get with winds expected 40-50mph making the temps feel like -20 to -30...blizzard conditions.

Stay safe and warm.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2022, 01:44:17 pm »
Ugh, we're looking at single digits this weekend. I extend a single digit to the weather!!

I'll see that and raise it one more.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2022, 02:19:44 pm »
If you're looking for an escape, better try Hawaii, Palm Springs, or Punta Cana.  The front is going to dip into the western Caribbean. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2022, 02:58:51 pm »

As much as I don’t like winter, there are aspects of it that are very beautiful
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2022, 03:01:26 pm »
We had a very nasty storm last week that took out power and dumped over 20 inches of snow on the ground. We’re supposed to have another storm that supposed to dump about 6 inches in the next several days but it’s the wind and I went to go and fill my birdfeeders this morning then temperatures of -12.

I have a young lab that really loves the first snow but I think he’s decided this cold is too much for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2022, 03:58:25 pm »
Quite true. Ice storms are awful but beautiful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2022, 04:08:56 pm »

It's awesome if you live in the sticks and can just hole up till things get cleared out.

Trying to drive in it for work and errands is the part I hate.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 04:15:02 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2022, 04:46:57 pm »

Shoot, I've got twice that weight in icicles hanging by the front door.  :tongue2:

Icicles formed from roof runoff have a slight flavor of bird shit.  Don't ask me how I know this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2022, 06:06:19 pm »

I could take you places that would make your soul ache for the beauty. There is nothing more serene, more pristine,  than a high mountain lake in the winter. And bitter, bitter cold is a necessary part of that beauty...

Besides... a hot tent levels the playing field.  happy77

Online roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2022, 06:08:57 pm »
Icicles formed from roof runoff have a slight flavor of bird shit.  Don't ask me how I know this.

Only the first ones... By this time of year, most of the birds are south of here.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2022, 06:09:42 pm »
As much as I (can) complain about the long, bitter winters, our dog absolutely loves the snow and the cold. She’s Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees and is definitely in her happy place when the temperatures are below zero.
I wish I could see winter her way…
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2022, 06:29:26 pm »
As much as I (can) complain about the long, bitter winters, our dog absolutely loves the snow and the cold. She’s Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees and is definitely in her happy place when the temperatures are below zero.
I wish I could see winter her way…

It is times like these when I miss my huskies. They truly love the winter, and haven't a care in the world how cold it gets.

Online libertybele

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2022, 12:22:19 am »
Are you close by @jmyrlefuller ?  (I don't remember, sigh)

Winter storm prep: National Weather Service says 'once-in-a-generation' storm approaching Buffalo region

The National Weather Service (NWS) is describing the winter storm bearing down on Buffalo and western New York ahead of Christmas as a "once-in-a-generation" event.

The declaration comes as much of the Great Lakes region is under winter storm watches and warnings during one of the busiest travel periods of the year.

"This once-in-a-generation storm will produce high winds east of Lake Ontario Thursday night into Friday morning, then over a larger coverage of our region Friday into Saturday," the NWS’ Buffalo office said Wednesday.

"Winds could gust over 65 mph, leading to at least scattered power outages, if not widespread outages," it added...........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/winter-storm-prep-national-weather-service-says-once-eneration-storm-approaching-buffalo-region

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2022, 12:59:47 am »
Welp. I'm blowed in for the next couple days. My kid can handle the chores... and when it ain't so cold, and everything is kinda plowed out, he can bring the tractor down to dig me out. my plow ain't moving an inch without a butt-ton of digging.

Online libertybele

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2022, 01:07:23 am »
Welp. I'm blowed in for the next couple days. My kid can handle the chores... and when it ain't so cold, and everything is kinda plowed out, he can bring the tractor down to dig me out. my plow ain't moving an inch without a butt-ton of digging.

Yikes!  Stay safe and warm @roamer_1

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2022, 01:13:08 am »
Yikes!  Stay safe and warm @roamer_1

Aw, no worries. I am just fine. Just can't get a pizza for a little while.
Got plenty of food, and wood... And I have grown quite capable of sitting on my ass and waiting. Nothing else for it. happy77

The truck is in a drift to the door handles - which, since it is a lifted 4x4 on 33s, that's over 4', and I just don't feel like digging the danged thing out. besides, even if I did, it has to push 4' around to get moving, which would be a chore. We're at -6 and heading for -20 something tonight. And tomorrow. After that, thaw.

So it can wait.

Online libertybele

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2022, 01:42:25 am »
Aw, no worries. I am just fine. Just can't get a pizza for a little while.
Got plenty of food, and wood... And I have grown quite capable of sitting on my ass and waiting. Nothing else for it. happy77

The truck is in a drift to the door handles - which, since it is a lifted 4x4 on 33s, that's over 4', and I just don't feel like digging the danged thing out. besides, even if I did, it has to push 4' around to get moving, which would be a chore. We're at -6 and heading for -20 something tonight. And tomorrow. After that, thaw.

So it can wait.

:beer:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2022, 02:48:16 am »

So it begins
The Republic is lost.