Author Topic: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000  (Read 14420 times)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2022, 03:03:35 pm »
Ugh, we're looking at single digits this weekend. I extend a single digit to the weather!!

It’s -22 here this morning. Actual air temp. Ugh.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2022, 03:05:21 pm »
Ugh, we're looking at single digits this weekend. I extend a single digit to the weather!!

Mid to upper teens for lows here.  Thank goodness the ice/snow is out of the picture at this point.  These parts become demolition derby at the slghtest hint of ice.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2022, 03:16:37 pm »
I am right in the middle of all this. My Christmas plans are up in the air right now.. 9999hair out0000

Local weather forcasters won't even estimate how much snow we will get with winds expected 40-50mph making the temps feel like -20 to -30...blizzard conditions.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2022, 03:55:45 pm »
The forecast has been changing here... Just up thread I said the worst of it was Wednesday with a high of 7 and a low of -12... Now tonight is below zero, tomorrow is a high of -7 and a low of -24, and day after tomorrow's low is still below zero.

Still seems like a thaw is coming afterward... Talking about 40's in the last week of the year... Woo!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2022, 03:59:16 pm »
The forecast has been changing here... Just up thread I said the worst of it was Wednesday with a high of 7 and a low of -12... Now tonight is below zero, tomorrow is a high of -7 and a low of -24, and day after tomorrow's low is still below zero.

Still seems like a thaw is coming afterward... Talking about 40's in the last week of the year... Woo!

-24?

And you still like living there?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2022, 04:06:07 pm »
-24?

It's a dry cold...  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2022, 04:06:16 pm »
-24?

Oh heck yeah! I am shopping today for some new gear... A big high-board polk, an insulated popup ice fishing tent, and a spanky new gas powered ice auger. Shoot, if I am lucky, I have a busted snow machine on the hook too. I am dropping a grand on that... and if I can fix it (which I can), it's a HUGE upgrade...

If all that goes well, I am heading for a high old time this winter.  :cool:

Except if it does go well, the way my luck goes, a Chinook will blow through, eat off the snow, melt the lakes, and it will stay 40's all winter long.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2022, 04:12:27 pm »
Oh heck yeah! I am shopping today for some new gear... A big high-board polk, an insulated popup ice fishing tent, and a spanky new gas powered ice auger. Shoot, if I am lucky, I have a busted snow machine on the hook too. I am dropping a grand on that... and if I can fix it (which I can), it's a HUGE upgrade...

If all that goes well, I am heading for a high old time this winter.  :cool:

Except if it does go well, the way my luck goes, a Chinook will blow through, eat off the snow, melt the lakes, and it will stay 40's all winter long.  *****rollingeyes*****

Don't be sending us fishing pictures like this....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2022, 04:19:46 pm »
Don't be sending us fishing pictures like this....

LOL!

No worries. With that popup and my big Mr.Buddy propane heater, it will be 65 inside that tent. and since I have the propane along, I will have my coleman camp stove too... hot coffee and chili are the likely candidates. Add in a bag of fun-size snickers and I will be smoothing it.

The only thing I am having trouble with right now is trying to find a new arctic parka. Can't find one I am happy with... I want it big. Oversized... Down to my knees... And apparently that's out of style nowadays.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2022, 06:21:02 pm »
It’s -22 here this morning. Actual air temp. Ugh.

And THAT is why I can't convince my Florida-native wife to move to South Dakota or Wyoming.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2022, 09:08:10 pm »
I don't care about your crazy freezing temps, it is gonna get 5 degrees here, yall nuts up North ask for it... I didn't, take that junk back North. I don't want two days below freezing...  I still have single pane windows for goodness sakes, and I don't like wrapping my water outside with all kinds of Styrofoam trinkets that don't fit worth a hoot. I have to leave my faucets leaking (and I am leaky enough as I am). The animals don't like going outside to use the restroom. I have to keep the fireplace primed ultra max to keep the house above 65 degree... Yall just take it in stride, like it is no big deal... if this keeps up, I am gonna ask the college boy to send back the electric blankets we loaned him. 

/end of my Karen rant
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline berdie

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2022, 09:16:08 pm »
I read the temps posted on this thread and feel some what ashamed of myself for being whiney about the upcoming cold spell.

BUT!!! There is no reason I can see that we should deal with 100 degree plus weather in the summer and this as well. 9999hair out0000

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2022, 09:18:15 pm »
And our high for today is a balmy sixteen below zero...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2022, 09:20:45 pm »
When it's cold, you can put on a coat and stay warm.  When it's hot, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2022, 09:21:54 pm »
They've upped the ante and now are talking 8-12" snow from Wed nite to Fri am, followed by subzero temps and 30MPH winds.

Told my sis and bro-in-law there is no pressure to travel for Christmas this weekend.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2022, 09:23:45 pm »
When it's cold, you can put on a coat and try to stay warm.  When it's hot, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Fixed it for you @Hoodat
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2022, 09:23:48 pm »
They've upped the ante and now are talking 8-12" snow from Wed nite to Fri am, followed by subzero temps and 30MPH winds.

It is amazing seeing 8" of snow stuck to one side of an Iowa road sign.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2022, 09:25:23 pm »
Fixed it for you @Hoodat

Gotta do it right.  Polypro, then wool, then down, then goretex.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2022, 09:27:47 pm »
It's supposed to get down to 12 deg here Friday morning then maybe back above freezing for a few minutes sometime Sunday afternoon.

That's WAY too cold for me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2022, 09:55:52 pm »
It's supposed to get down to 12 deg here Friday morning then maybe back above freezing for a few minutes sometime Sunday afternoon.

Using my best Edith Ann voice...And that's the truth! :laugh:

At least there is no forecast for precipitation. Fingers crossed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2022, 10:10:47 pm »
I don't care about your crazy freezing temps, it is gonna get 5 degrees here, yall nuts up North ask for it... I didn't, take that junk back North. I don't want two days below freezing...  I still have single pane windows for goodness sakes, and I don't like wrapping my water outside with all kinds of Styrofoam trinkets that don't fit worth a hoot. I have to leave my faucets leaking (and I am leaky enough as I am). The animals don't like going outside to use the restroom. I have to keep the fireplace primed ultra max to keep the house above 65 degree... Yall just take it in stride, like it is no big deal... if this keeps up, I am gonna ask the college boy to send back the electric blankets we loaned him. 

/end of my Karen rant

Aw c'mon now @Sighlass ... If y'all were up in here all that would be different of a necessity.

I keep watching folks down by you on the yootube putting up a loafing shed... Every time, the header on a leanto is a single 2x6 nailed into the posts... with at least a 12' span. Up in here that'd be a 4x8x12 slam-lam, glued and screwed, with plywood separators to bring it out full... And there would be a post in the middle and that header would be sitting ON TOP of the posts. Because otherwise you'd just be building it again in the spring.

Not so much different I guess... but different where it counts.
This ol mountain wolf has been wading in frozen creeks so long that I've got icy clear water running in my veins. Cold don't bother me none.

Put me down there by you in the middle of summer with 98% humidity and triple digits, I'd be likely to curl up and die on the first day.

Different strokes and all.  :beer: :seeya:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2022, 10:13:27 pm »

12 degrees I'd likely start thinking about wearing some flannel... and maybe a jacket if it were windy...  :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2022, 11:04:58 pm »
Sigh.  I just heard on the radio that we are supposed to have one of the coldest Christmas' on record -- it is going to dip down into the  30's.  Looking at the forecast for this zip code -- we will have a low of 38 on Fri, 39 on Sat and 39 on Christmas.  That's a pretty darn unusual cold stretch of weather for here. Brrrr.....  I have seen snow flurries here years ago. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2022, 11:06:29 pm »
12 degrees I'd likely start thinking about wearing some flannel... and maybe a jacket if it were windy...  :whistle:

When it gets up to 12 degrees in March, we all get pretty excited. Feels like spring.  :tongue2:
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »

I attended my brother's graduation in Dallas years ago.  I packed summer clothes and high heels.  You guessed it, they got and inch of snow and I froze my bootie off.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.