Author Topic: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000  (Read 15423 times)

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Re: Christmas Day Forecast: Snowiest and Coldest Since 2000
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2022, 12:24:26 am »
For all y'all that ain't used to this and feel the need to keep your faucets cracked to keep your water from freezing...

You can tie a string just right on your faucet to let the water follow the string, or similarly, prop up something from the bowl (like a pencil or kitchen implement) to wedge in the faucet... Either way, the water will chase down to the bowl and you won't have to listen to it tapping all the time... Which can drive you flat nuts.

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2022, 02:14:18 am »
December 23, 2022 8:24pm EST
Ohio 46-car pileup leaves at least 3 dead in winter storm 'whiteout' crash
Visibility is low as whiteout conditions persist, authorities warn.
By Jeff Zymeri | Fox News

At least 46 cars were involved in a massive pileup on the Ohio Turnpike Friday afternoon, Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) confirmed. Troopers on the scene reported three fatalities and multiple injuries in the Sandusky County crash. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-46-car-pileup-three-dead-winter-storm-whiteout-crash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2022, 03:23:41 am »
Word on the street they closed parts of I-80 and 35 in parts of Iowa today because of whiteouts.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2022, 05:34:49 am »
December 23, 2022 8:24pm EST
Ohio 46-car pileup leaves at least 3 dead in winter storm 'whiteout' crash
Visibility is low as whiteout conditions persist, authorities warn.

At least 46 cars were involved in a massive pileup on the Ohio Turnpike Friday afternoon, Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) confirmed. Troopers on the scene reported three fatalities and multiple injuries in the Sandusky County crash.

Always wondered what I would do in one of those pileups, I guess if I could I would run away (if possible) far enough until the pile-up got backed up enough to not hit my car/truck again. There were trucks on top of cars so if you survive the initial hit you may not survive the 18 wheeler/flying trucks about to occur.

Temp is about 6 degrees now, not sure if it will make the zero mark tonight or not... Noticed some central Texas folks are getting a surprise snow tonight that wasn't forecast. Looked like it was intensifying last few rounds, but probable not enough to do any damage.

Edit: Snow in Texas waned in later hours.

Edit 2: Just hit negative 1 degrees locally, coldest I have seen before Christmas that I can remember. At full blast, keeping the house in the mid 60s is gonna be the best I can muster out of the wood heater, plenty warm enough to Thank the Lord. Prayers for those that lost their lives in the car wreck....  Good night.

Edit 3: Rolling Blackouts, ours lasted about an hour this morning around 5:30 AM... That really hurt because without the fans moving the heat off the fireplace , we dropped 5 degree inside fast (got down to 60 degrees inside)... Dog got cold without her heat lamp before we realized it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 02:59:15 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2022, 06:26:58 pm »
It's a good thing they call it "Climate Change" now and not "Global Warming", huh?  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2022, 06:31:50 pm »
Hey we're up to 11 degrees with the sun out....but with the wind it feels like -5
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2022, 07:04:40 pm »
Even Florida  :laugh:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2022, 08:03:54 pm »
Power companies near me are warning consumers to stop using so much electricity

Warning of rolling blackouts

I’ve never heard of this in winter
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2022, 10:12:08 pm »
 December 24, 2022 3:36pm EST
Seattle winter weather creates dangerous driving conditions, video shows car sliding down street
Seattle was hit with a mix of winter weather

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-winter-weather-creates-dangerous-driving-conditions-video-shows-car-sliding-down-street

Support the USO

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2022, 10:48:19 pm »

I'm sure you'll hear it more in coming years with them mandating electric for all future cooking and heating.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2022, 10:52:50 pm »

TVA announced yesterday that they would be doing this.  Sometime in the middle of the night,, power went out for ten minutes or so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2022, 10:55:46 pm »
I'm sure you'll hear it more in coming years with them mandating electric for all future cooking and heating.

And travel. It's all a ruse. Overload the grid, then ration it.

Especially now it looks like woke companies like Blackrock are trying to buy out electric utilities.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2022, 10:55:57 pm »
December 24, 2022 3:36pm EST
Seattle winter weather creates dangerous driving conditions, video shows car sliding down street
Seattle was hit with a mix of winter weather

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=6317770399112&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at foxnews.com</noscript>

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-winter-weather-creates-dangerous-driving-conditions-video-shows-car-sliding-down-street

Our niece lives in Bremerton, she told my wife she had to shovel a path out to empty the trash but I see that now their temps are in the high 40's low 50's with rain so I guess for no at least the ice will be gone.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2022, 11:00:02 pm »
Our niece lives in Bremerton, she told my wife she had to shovel a path out to empty the trash but I see that now their temps are in the high 40's low 50's with rain so I guess for no at least the ice will be gone.

We never reached 50 today and Christmas Day we'll be a bit colder, then we will very slowly warm up on Monday but not by much. With most of the rest of the country covered in snow and temps below zero, I feel fortunate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2022, 11:45:02 pm »
It almost made it down to freezing this AM, with a nasty breeze.  I don’t miss this one bit … no idea how people deal with it for months.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2022, 11:58:02 pm »

Yeah... We're past the big freeze here too... It's somewhere around 30 and switching up between rain, freezing rain, and snow. The roof has been unloading all day.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2022, 12:31:47 am »
It actually hasn't gone above 20 since 2 days ago. Big freeze here. Not real fun. Got a light coating of snow on the ground. Christmassy I guess.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2022, 12:34:12 am »
Forecast now says 62 degrees Thursday. Too warm really for this time of year.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2022, 12:45:27 am »
Below  10 degrees the last 3 days, but we'll be on the golf course  one week from today. Crazy weather.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2022, 12:57:19 am »
46 for the low tonight and tomorrow we should reach 60.  Tuesday low of 48 and high of 69.  We are slowly warming back up, temperatures will be warm for a little bit and dip back down.  In looking at the long range forecast we have several months of cooler weather off and on ahead of us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2022, 02:25:29 am »
It was 72 for the high here today I believe.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2022, 02:29:16 pm »
Deadly U.S. Winter Storm Maintains Its Icy Grip, Claims at Least 34 Lives

Millions of Americans might have been dreaming of a white Christmas, but surely nothing like this. The brutal winter storm that has blanketed much of the U.S. in a coating of snow and ice will continue into the week as travelers see cancelled flights and dangerous roads combining to make their holiday travels a misery.

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2022/12/26/deadly-u-s-winter-storm-maintains-its-icey-grip-claims-at-least-34-lives/
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2022, 05:46:38 pm »
Reminder --- Snow *can* be a friend.   happy77    (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1606368103817936899