Author Topic: Marine vet faces US charges for training Chinese military pilots  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine vet faces US charges for training Chinese military pilots
« on: December 14, 2022, 11:28:25 am »

Marine vet faces US charges for training Chinese military pilots
By Irene Loewenson
 Dec 13, 02:58 PM

In 2010, the flight school and the Chinese business bought a decommissioned T-2 Buckeye, a naval training plane, from a private seller in the United States, according to the indictment. This Navy picture shows two T-2 Buckeye aircraft. (Navy)

A former Marine pilot arrested in Australia in October faces charges of violating U.S. arms control laws by training Chinese military pilots, according to an indictment unsealed Friday.

The 2017 indictment alleges that Daniel Edmund Duggan gave Chinese nationals training in military aviation in exchange for payments from “a business firm based in the PRC (People’s Republic of China) that acquired military training, equipment and technical data for the PRC government and military.”

According to the indictment, Duggan faces two counts of violating U.S. arms control laws, one count of conspiracy to launder money and one count of conspiracy.

The indictment, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, also lists eight unnamed alleged co-conspirators, including the unnamed Chinese business and a former U.S. Navy fighter pilot.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/12/13/marine-vet-faces-us-charges-for-training-chinese-military-pilots/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson