Author Topic: Russia Sends Warning to U.S. Over Patriot Missile Defense Systems  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russia Sends Warning to U.S. Over Patriot Missile Defense Systems
Story by Isabel van Brugen • Yesterday 6:30 AM

Russia on Thursday issued a warning to the U.S. over the proposed transfer of Patriot missile defense systems to Ukraine.

Washington is likely to approve a deal this week to send the advanced missile systems to Ukraine, after months of requests from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that the U.S. provide his country with stronger weapons to shoot down Russian missiles.

Russia has for months been bombarding Ukraine with strikes on its energy infrastructure, causing blackouts across the country.

During a press conference on Thursday, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, citing experts, warned that possible deliveries of the systems by Washington to Kyiv could escalate the conflict.

"On December 13, the intention of the United States to provide Ukraine with a Patriot anti-missile defense battery was announced. Previously, many experts, including [those based] overseas doubted the logic of such a move, which would lead to an escalation of the conflict and increase the risk of direct involvement of the U.S. army in hostilities," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-sends-warning-to-u-s-over-patriot-missile-defense-systems/ar-AA15jmM3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=768bef3ab58d4af7813bb0e3c484e2c9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson