Author Topic: McConnell blames Trump for ‘candidate quality’ issues in midterms  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McConnell blames Trump for ‘candidate quality’ issues in midterms
by Alexander Bolton - 12/13/22 2:36 PM ET

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) on Tuesday blamed the power former President Trump exerted in GOP primaries for the “candidate quality” issues his party struggled with in key races.

Speaking to reporters a week after Republicans lost the Senate runoff in Georgia, which expanded the Senate Democratic majority to 51 seats, McConnell said his party was hampered by weak candidates in several battleground states.

“I never said there was a red wave, I said we had a bunch of close races,” McConnell told reporters, citing the caution flags he raised in August when some Republicans were predicting big GOP gains in Congress.

“We ended up having a candidate quality [issue,]” McConnell said. “Look at Arizona, look at New Hampshire, and a challenging situation in Georgia as well.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3773724-mcconnell-blames-trump-for-candidate-quality-issues-in-midterm/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: McConnell blames Trump for ‘candidate quality’ issues in midterms
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 09:52:59 pm »
The GOP doesn't have a deep non-Maga bench.

The GOP doesn't have any non-Maga ideas.

The GOP Establishment is a Nothing Burger that supports Globalism and irresponsible Government spending.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 09:54:14 pm »
If Mitch would have stepped aside during the midterms, I have a hunch that things might have turned out a bit better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 10:02:20 pm »
93% of Trump's endorsed candidates won their election...   :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 10:23:06 pm »
If Mitch would have stepped aside during the midterms, I have a hunch that things might have turned out a bit better.

:yowsa: Absolutely! The Republicans would very likely have a senate majority if he had.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien